The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lomax_properties

1-2-3 Punch

Hey Guys,

My name is Tim Lomax and I recently got into LO from wholesaling....I found wholesaling to beat me down too much to get the yes that they would sell their home at 50 cents on the dollar...so started listening to Joe McCall and found the 123 punch. The concept is to Voice Blast all FRBO and FSBO on craiglist and any Live Answers have the voice blast say "sorry wrong number" and text them, and with any text that doesn't go through cold call. Works great and get a great response, but then I send them more info and the contract to sign and thats when I loose them. I thinking about doing a more Claude Diamond approach on the first call and just setting up a time to meet and get the contract. Problem is I work 60hr weeks just to pay the bills so a lot of times I will have to send a bird dog to pick up the contract...any suggestons...I don't have really any money for marketing and thats why I like the 123 punch but to keep going through people that in the end say they aren't interested sure beats you down...

Thanks guys love the forum.

Tim

Hi, Tim, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

The concept is to Voice Blast all FRBO and FSBO on craiglist and any Live Answers have the voice blast say "sorry wrong number" and text them, and with

any text that doesn't go through cold call.

I'm not familiar with this method, so bear with my ignorance here. But what exactly is the point of this dance you describe?

Works great and get a great response, but then I send them more info and the contract to sign and thats when I loose them.
From the start this approach is sleazy. Sounds like a bait-and-switch to me, and by the results you are getting, I suspect a lot of homeowners feel the same way.

Claude's approach sounds more reasonable and realistic, but as you said it will prove to be time consuming for someone working a schedule like yours. I prefer my approach, (what else did you expect me to say B) ), using two emails to weed out the curious from the serious. Sending emails are free and this method doesn't require large blocks of time and driving around looking at properties all week. In fact, most offers are made on properties that haven't been seen yet.

I've heard of Joes 1-2-3 punch and while I understand the concept behind it (eliminate the NO's right off the top), the bottom line is you still have to "make the sale", with the 1-2-3 punch you're working with warm leads but not done deals.

If you're saying that Claude's approach is simply getting on the phone with a seller, setting an appointment, and picking up a contract, I think you're confused. As he himself once told me, "It's all about sales!"

Get them on the phone, quickly find out if they have a problem that you have a solution to and if they're likely to work with you, THEN tell them how you can get them what they need and set up an appointment to get the contracts... I think just driving out to meet a seller without a verbal commitment and thorough understanding of what the agreement is for you'll just waste a lot of time and get bummed out when you're not driving home with contracts you were expecting.

Like MC said, the sellers may be getting confused and think you're doing something sketchy. It's not the end of the world, it just means you've gotta work on your approach and figure out what you want the sellers to be thinking and feeling about you and your offer. If they're not clear, they'll probably just say no and you won't get the deal. If they're crystal clear about who you are, what you're offering, and most importantly what's in it for THEM, you'll still get some no's but you'll also get yes's!

I've picked up properties (including pictures and descriptions!) without leaving my house, it can be done fairly easily, so don't feel like you've have a ton of time to be driving around because you don't. Especially since you're only dealing with craigslist ads which mean the sellers at least have computer access and understand how email works. lol

So, are you saying instead of doing voice blasts and text messages just email each lead on CL with the two email system...I say the two emails posted on the forum in a different post, just thought I might get more deals with actually talking to the prospect, I do mention right away that I am a business that specializes in LO and have tenant buyers, just like Joe teaches...so am wondering if I should just do the two email aproach and not do voice blast....

Thanks so much for your replys and am looking at getting the money to afford Johns lease option class.

Tim, there's no one "right" way to market. But if you're running into a brick wall with what you're now trying, stop beating your head against the wall. Perhaps trying something different will yield different results.

lomax - I have been using a similar system and its working for me. However, I don't use the "wrong number" approach for the live answers or texts. If I get a live answer I say "I was calling about your house, would you be interested in a lease purchase on it?" Then it tells them to press 1 (I think) to connect to me live or 8 (I think) to be put on our DNC list.

You would be surprised how many people connect to me live. I am calling about 20-30 people a day, and my phone starts ringing immediately on most days.

You just have to find your groove when you are talking to them on the phone. After a couple of weeks or tweaking and tuning I think I finally have an approach that is working for me - time will tell :unsure: