The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Strategy 4 Lease Purchase Consulting

Hi Michael,

I received the manual yesterday and got up to Strategy 4. I really like your clear writing style and can't wait to implement these strategies.

At first I thought Strategy 4 sounded a lot like brokering, so of course I went to Google and searched for 'real estate consulting". Well, I happened to to find this website: http://www.theconsultingtimes.com/

Also, I should mention that their website indicates the course if FREE

Until I get a couple deals under my belt for cash flow purposes, I don't plan on pursuing this. But, I think it is interesting and perhaps may be of some value if you want to take the Strategy 4 Consulting Route. From what I have read so far, consulting does not enter into the realm of real estate sales/brokering, and does not require state licensing.

Say for instance the seller calls you from an ad and you explain how you offer Lease Options. They decide they don't want you in the middle of the deal, but they do want your expertise. They pay you your consulting fee. You then present him with facts and figures about his property. The seller decides the Lease Option Strategies are not for him. You determine that in their best interest you recommend selling with a Realtor. So, as I see it, this consulting could help you develop a relationship with a Realtor too.

Here is a link to Youtube giving a good description of the program:

I look forward to everybody's feedback.

Erik

Can consulting be considered brokering real estate without a license? Yes, by anyone who wants it to seem that way. But from my perspective, it isn't, Erik.

You're being paid upfront to share your opinions on how the homeowner can put together a Rent-To-Own deal on their own property. You are not finding them a tenant/buyer. The homeowner is doing all the work. You are simply sharing your experience and expertise in this area. I don't see that as brokering without a license. Others may disagree. Good. Ask them to pass along the homeowner's name and number and you can be paid for your smarts and know how. :closedeyes: