The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Getting Ready to Market for Seller & Buyers

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to start the marketing for finding sellers and buyers. I am planning on using Craigslist & various online sites for emailing. I am also going to scout neighborhoods for FRBO's and FSBO's.

Regarding direct mailing, postcards seem like a reasonable way to go.

Any recommendations for sources of seller/buyer lists so that I can send postcards? Is there a good list purchasing site that allows you to target renters, absentee owners, etc.? Is there other lists that you all may recommend?

What type of seller/buyers have you all found that respond well to the lease purchase strategy.

Finally, what site do you recommend for good prices/service for creating the postcards?

Thanks

Erik

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to start the marketing for finding sellers and buyers. I am planning on using Craigslist & various online sites for emailing. I am also going to scout neighborhoods for FRBO's and FSBO's.

Any recommendations for sources of seller/buyer lists so that I can send postcards? Is there a good list purchasing site that allows you to target renters, absentee owners, etc.? Is there other lists that you all may recommend?

What type of seller/buyers have you all found that respond well to the lease purchase strategy.

Finally, what site do you recommend for good prices/service for creating the postcards?

Thanks

Erik

Erik,

We use VistaPrint for biz cards and postcards.

We mail to currently listed and expired within past 30 days from the MLS. My agent friend gives me the listings, find a friend like that :unsure:

Good luck!

Sharyn

Hi all,

Thanks

Erik

Erik,

We mail to currently listed and expired within past 30 days from the MLS. My agent friend gives me the listings, find a friend like that :unsure:

Good luck!

Sharyn

Sharyn,

When you mail to currently listed properties, what do you send them? Do you have an example? If it is listed with a realtor, have you received any objections about soliciting their client, or do you work with the realtor in some way?

Erik

I created a template and print my own postcards.

Lynn (FL)

Hi Lynn,

Care to share the template? Also, where are you purchasing lists & what type of owners/sellers are you targeting.

Thanks,

Erik

Hi all,

Thanks

Erik

Erik,

We mail to currently listed and expired within past 30 days from the MLS. My agent friend gives me the listings, find a friend like that :)

Good luck!

Sharyn

Sharyn,

When you mail to currently listed properties, what do you send them? Do you have an example? If it is listed with a realtor, have you received any objections about soliciting their client, or do you work with the realtor in some way?

Erik

I have not received any objections from agents. I do work with agents, I tell them if they have a listing that is talking about renting or a L/O to refer it to me and I will pay them $500 commission as well as whatever they negotiate with the homeowner. I tell them I will do all the work, just send me the name and number and set the sellers expectations that I will be calling.

Here is an example of the text I use on the postcard:

Postcard

Front

Text with pic of house or logo

How long can you afford for your house to stay on the market?

With lenders being more strict, and more houses coming on the market, it’s going to take LONGER and LONGER to sell your house! Here is a solution you may not know about:

LEASE PURCHASING!

Stop the worry, stop the anguish, and contact us online or by phone today!

215-802-7776

www.EquityHomeSolutions.net

Back

Benefits of Lease Purchase

No Haggling!

Get Top Dollar!

Get Your Payments Covered!

No Fees or Commissions!

No Maintenance Worries!

A Lease Purchase Simply Allows the Buyer to Make Payments To YOU While They are Working on Financing!

215-802-7776

www.EquityHomeSolutions.net

The template is the one in MS Word for the postcards I'm using. A Realtor friend sends me the list of MLS expireds each week. I put those in an Excel spreadsheet, then use Mail Merge to personalize the postcards in Word.

Lynn (FL)

Jonathan,

Are you no longer using the Send-Me-Cards (or something like that) program?

Lynn (FL)

Lynn, I use Send Out Cards for after I meet with a seller. I have a thank you for our meeting with a gift of brownies. If we do not do a deal, then it is follow up with Send Out Cards, if I think it is a deal, based on what I want. The key is FOLLOW up. But for general mailing I use Click2mail.com for sending out post cards. At .37 per card, it is cheap enough. I can send 3 cards per so called YELLOW LETTER!