The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

pilot76180 question for you

Hi John,

I have read a bit about you approaching sellers that are listed with an agent and asking if they will accept a lease option. Have you ever had any issues with a realtor getting on your case about marketing the seller's property at the same time they are marketing it?

I am curious what prompted you to try this approach.

Since the agent could possibly not receive a full commission (unless the seller gave it to the agent when the option was exercised for a purchase), has the agent ever been PO'd about that and directed it toward you. Is it usually the agents ad that attracted you to the property? If so, do you feel they are due a full commission?

I'd love to hear your explanation of your complete process and if you do have relationships with realtors, how each of you benefits from the relationship. I am very curious about this and would love to see if I can develop a similar relationship with a realtor in my area.

Thanks,

Erik

I only have a moment here, so probably not enough to go through it in detail, but to answer your question, I rarely rarely...almost never even talk to the agent that has the listing. I tell the owner to get with their agent, and tell them they'd like to keep the listing but offer it as a lease option, and I discuss a few ways they may work it out with the agent, but I really never talk to the listing agent. Have I ticked them off before, sure, I've had some irritated agents years back, but I can't remember the last time I had an upset agent to be honest with you.

They almost never call me at all...it's the owner that calls.