The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Pitching a pure option to a seller

What is the best way to present this to the seller? How do you handle it if they already have a property listed on Craigslist, ForSaleByOwner.com, etc. ?

Thanks

Erik

Present it as it is, Erik: a no lose proposition for the homeowner. You're not asking them to take their property off the market. You are an additional source of marketing. Your key is to get a price point that will attract attention. You need a buyer, and that won't happen unless you're offering a deal with value.

Present it as it is, Erik: a no lose proposition for the homeowner. You're not asking them to take their property off the market. You are an additional source of marketing. Your key is to get a price point that will attract attention. You need a buyer, and that won't happen unless you're offering a deal with value.

Michael,

I am not very good adding wording to the contract. What do you write when the seller keeps marketing, and you are marketing? Then if they find a buyer themselves, your option is canceled. If you find a buyer to assign your rights, they can't go behind your back. Again, I'm just not sure how to word this to make sure everything is crystal clear, so there isn't any problems later on. Not trying to be too paranoid :unsure:

In the pure option contract can you please tell me what it typically written on line 8:

8. Closing Costs: The closing costs shall be those costs incurred in conjunction with closing escrow and shall be paid at the close of escrow as follows:

Really appreciate the help,

Erik

What do you write when the seller keeps marketing, and you are marketing?
This is a non-exclusive agreement. Should seller find a buyer while this agreement is in effect, said agreement is null and void. Or something similar.

In the pure option contract can you please tell me what it typically written on line 8:

8. Closing Costs: The closing costs shall be those costs incurred in conjunction with closing escrow and shall be paid at the close of escrow as follows:

purchaser will pay all allowable closing costs.