The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

2 Possible Deal

I have a meeting set up tomorrow with a fsbo that is open to a L/O and understands what I am wanting to do (assign). He said he is open to discussing any other ways too (plain option).

I also have a 2nd maybe. I asked about a L/O and got a no. So I asked them to tell me their bottom $ price and maybe we could do a straight option. The lady was a little hard to understand, but her son wasn't and he is going to relay the info to her. I explained that I would pay for any signage & advertising.

We'll see how it goes.

Good luck! Be careful that the 2nd seller(s) don't think your an agent, especially since theres a middleman who's relaying the info back and fourth (remember that game "Telephone" from when you were in school? It's amazing how much a simple story can get distorted as it gets passed between people)

Erik, did you meet with the first homeowner? How'd it go?

Hey Michael,

I didn't get a contract with them yet. But I did get a very positive response. They are going to let me know after they figure out their bottom line price (they asked for a couple days to figure that out).

I did find out a lot about their situation. They purchased 4 acres and are going to build a home on that. I told them about L/O and plain option. They weren't entirely against L/O, but I think are leaning towards plain.

It was a very positive experience for me and they mentioned that it was for them as well. To help explain things to them, I drew out a flow chart of sorts explaining the L/O and plain option. This really helped them understand it.

I did comparable properties within a 1/4 mile radius. I told them their bottom line price is something only they know best and I am not there to beat them down on price. Again, a very comfortable meeting for all of us.

I mentioned to them that I plan on using a yard sign, networking with other investors, online, and in the paper.

If for some reason I don't get the deal, I don't believe it was anything I did wrong. I was happy to find out that he is a chief operating officer of a large machinery company here. He mentioned that a buddy of his has a property that he is considering selling, so he is going to recommend me to him. I am also planning on printing up some fliers and asking permission to place at his work.

Now for the 2nd lady, nothing yet on that. I gave it a day to cool off after explaining the situation to her son. I did a 'drive-by' and their sign is still up, so that is good. As an added bonus I found 2 more Fsbo's today and what appears to be a vacant house the block over from the 2nd lady's house.

Thanks for the support,

Erik