The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

plane crash

A fantastic friend, and the BEST pilot and instructor that I've ever flown with that got me my instrument rating was in a crash today and not sure he'll make it.

He had well over 13k hours and we flew many a times together.

Life is short people..make the best of it..

It looks like they took off, had mechanical issues, and had to put it down.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Small-plane...-132622378.html

Life is short people..make the best of it..
That is a tough one John. I thank the good Lord everyday that I have my L/O business with the freedoms it brings.

Sorry to hear that, John. From the article it sounds as if his injuries were relatively minor, (broken hip), when you consider what could have been. And you're right: never take tomorrow for granted.

The broken hip got out lucky...

I'm heading up to the ICU now, but both legs smashed, head smashed, punctured lung, still in critical condition.

They put pins and rods and duct tape on both his legs yesterday. I saw pics from the ICU...dude is unrecognizable....seriously...I used to wonder how doctors did it...now I know...when they are that bad, it's not like you are working on a human....kind of like gutting a turkey...you're just going thru the motions....

My mom is freaking out cause I was gonna fly the family on the 182 to a place in November...I gotta say...makes you take pause at putting the kids on the plane....

I guess you just keep on flying...

Time and good medics will heal him. In the meantime, you can't let fear rule your decisions or actions. Of course, that's always easier said than done.

My mom is freaking out cause I was gonna fly the family on the 182 to a place in November...I gotta say...makes you take pause at putting the kids on the plane....

I guess you just keep on flying...

Sorry to hear about your friend, I plan on getting my PPL in the not too distant future, and I've thought about plane crashes and stuff... It's always a risk... but so is driving a car, riding a motorcycle, walking across the street, or eating food that you could potentially choke on...

Statistically speaking, aren't you a lot safer up in the air than in a car? It's terrifying how bad other people drive (around Massachusetts at least...), my feeling is that at least up in the air you've got much less of a risk of some jackass sending a text message flying in to your plane, or someone rear ending you because they didn't realize you were slowing down...

Hope your friend recovers quickly!

I was going to go flying today to get back in the seat, but only had 2 hours of rest, so I'll go next week.

They rebuilt his face this week with super glue I guess....but he's still all but out of it.

bad deal.