The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
bajones

Which agreements?

Okay, we just got a new property under contract. What I did was have the seller sign and "Option to Lease Option" that I had in my possession.

So when I find the tenant/buyer which agreements do I need to get signed and make this happen from the manual.

What I want to do is assign both the lease and the option back to the seller once the TB has signed everything and paid me the option fee and first months rent (which goes to the seller).

Does that make sense? Which agreements from the manual do I need to use?

I should add that the "option to lease option" agreement includes the rent amount and selling price the seller wants.

Thanks a bunch!

Burke

Hi, Burke. I'm not familiar with the Option to Lease Option agreement you're using, so I can't comment on any specifics regarding it.

I'm going to assume you're doing a Cooperative Assignment. If so, my method is to use the CA Residential Lease Agreement, the Option to Purchase Agreement, and then the CA Assignment Agreement to assign the deal to the tenant/buyer.

Why complicate matters with things like an Option to Option, (huh? :blink: ), and the assigning the deal back to the seller. What's the advantage to this method?

I am not a fan of option to option. Seems you have no real control over the deal and no commitment from the seller.