The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Is there a way to download Realtor.com info to Excel?

I tried for awhile to do the exact same thing. I have an IT background so I knew building a scrapper was completely possible, but was just more effort than I felt it was worth. I would up hiring someone on oDesk to do it for me. I had them put the properties right on the label template sheets for printing. Cost me about $10 for 3 zip codes (~200 properties).

I tried for awhile to do the exact same thing. I have an IT background so I knew building a scrapper was completely possible, but was just more effort than I felt it was worth. I would up hiring someone on oDesk to do it for me. I had them put the properties right on the label template sheets for printing. Cost me about $10 for 3 zip codes (~200 properties).

Hi Dennis,

I don't quite understand what you did. Did you hire them to make a scraper, or just manually download all the info?

Hi Dennis,

I don't quite understand what you did. Did you hire them to make a scraper, or just manually download all the info?

Oh sorry, I hired someone to just manually copy and paste + format the data. I figured that if I paid someone to make a scraper, it could quickly become useless if Realtor.com made even the slightest change to their site.