The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Marketing to Buyers

I was wondering about postcard marketing to buyers.

I know that a yard sign, newspaper & internet are all great for marketing to buyers.

But when marketing to buyers with postcards what is the best way to find these renters who may want to be owners? I am thinking maybe there is a way to find out all of the apartment numbers associated with an apartment building or complex besides looking at the mailboxes :P (can you get this info from the post office?)

Thanks

Erik

The post office will do that in Canada so I'm sure they'll do it in the US too. Here in Canada you can send what they call "Unaddressed Ad Mail" to all the apartments in a pre-sortation area--that's the first 3 digits of postal codes, I don't know what the equivalent is for zip codes.

Honestly I don't think I would ever do postcards for selling houses. I'd just stick up a few hand written signs around apartment and townhouse complexes closest to the house I'm selling. You reach the same people for a fraction of the cost.

I have to agree with Doug on this. A mailing for t/b's seems an unnecessary expense. A lawn sign, signs around the neighborhood, some free online ads, and that will usually suffice.