The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

How to do a deal with zero people skills whatsoever

David, the newspaper is a dying medium for FSBOs. The cost is probhibitive and the results minimal. It's no wonder the number of homeowners who advertise there has dwindled.

I'd say Craigslist is too. 99% of the FSBO CL ads are from realtors. They show no respect to CL's terms of service, and CL never sanctions them for violating it.

I'd say Craigslist is too. 99% of the FSBO CL ads are from realtors. They show no respect to CL's terms of service, and CL never sanctions them for violating it.
Same here. I had to go through 6 pages of ads to email what looked like 5 real FSBOs.

Put those false ads on a mailing list and hammer the seller with a series of mailings. Sorry Mr. Agent being that the house was posted on a FSBO site, I was mislead to believe it was for sale by owner. And I do not pay commissions.

I know there are disadvantages to bandit signs,posters,car signs, dragging a trailer behind your car with a mobile bulletin board,clothing,leaving cards EVERYWHERE,etc ... BUT isn't it nice when people contact you instead of all this chasing. Guess it's all things working together is what's needed.

DITTO!!!!!

I have learned to never say "my way is the right way.." but....when it comes to Clist sellers....I found that I have to JACK with 30...to get 1...then before I even pull tax records they e-mail me.;We decided just to lease it...thanks!"...

screw that...

I like what I have set up..

They call me, I tell them I'm pulling up to a meeting, and get their address and e-mail...done......

• Like 1