The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

I need everyone's opinion over Christmas break

Hidey Ho folks....

Here is your Christmas/New Years homework.....

I need everyone's opinion/psychoanalysis on this one ESPECIALLY those of you who do mailings of brochures, postcards, etc. I need this to be as effective as possible for MANY reasons.

1) What do you think is the importance of receiving a Lease Purchase brochure direct mail piece with a local return address or local P.O. Box address in terms of how legit the homeowner/seller will consider the mailing & business as opposed to having an out of town return address?

2) What do you feel is the importance of having the postage stamp/permit on the brochure mailing coming from the general local area of said "target market" versus having a brochure which comes with an out of town postage permit? Would you think there would be any significance to that in a homeowners/sellers mind and would they even notice?

I'm working out the logistics of living in SC while doing a mailing to a target market half way across the country.

No pressure, now mind you. Either this is a success or I'm giving myself 1000 self inflicted paper cuts all over my body and then rolling around in a large pile of salt followed by lighting myself on fire then jumping off a bridge with C4 strapped to my body to explode upon impact.

Thanks for the help guys and gals. ;)

Darin "Too fast to live...too young to die" Ray

Hidey Ho folks....

Here is your Christmas/New Years homework.....

I need everyone's opinion/psychoanalysis on this one ESPECIALLY those of you who do mailings of brochures, postcards, etc. I need this to be as effective as possible for MANY reasons.

1) What do you think is the importance of receiving a Lease Purchase brochure direct mail piece with a local return address or local P.O. Box address in terms of how legit the homeowner/seller will consider the mailing & business as opposed to having an out of town return address?

2) What do you feel is the importance of having the postage stamp/permit on the brochure mailing coming from the general local area of said "target market" versus having a brochure which comes with an out of town postage permit? Would you think there would be any significance to that in a homeowners/sellers mind and would they even notice?

I'm working out the logistics of living in SC while doing a mailing to a target market half way across the country.

No pressure, now mind you. Either this is a success or I'm giving myself 1000 self inflicted paper cuts all over my body and then rolling around in a large pile of salt followed by lighting myself on fire then jumping off a bridge with C4 strapped to my body to explode upon impact.

Thanks for the help guys and gals. ;)

Darin "Too fast to live...too young to die" Ray

I am working on my postcard marketing & what I have been doing is asking myself, "If I received this postcard what would I think of it?

I think you just need to put youself in the prospects shoes. For instance if I get mail that seems like a scam, or has the typical, "Foreclosure, We Buy Houses, Cash in 24 hours", I ignore it because it has been run into the ground and I think most people pay no attention. A lot of advertising I see comes off like they are a snake oil salesman, or carnival barker! TACKY!

As far as a local address, I think a local PO Box, or UPS Store address is better than out of state. You might want to check with UPS store and see if you are able to purchase out of state & can forward it.

As far as having an out of town permit instead of a live stamp, I personally wouldn't think it would be a big deal, at least not to me. Again, try to put yourself in the prospects shoes. If you received a mail piece that had the out of town permit, would you care? I think for some reason we think that the prospect thinks very differently than we do.

So there's my 2 cents.

Good questions, Darin, but difficult to answer with any certainty. I suspect an argument can be made either way. I'll take the middle ground and say if you send out enough pieces and do so with some regularity, you'll hit enough motivated homeowners to receive replies. (Hey, I never said I was brilliant, but I am practical). The danger here is overthinking the process, in my opinion.

Regarding this:

Will this be on YouTube? How cool!

. . .if I get mail that seems like a scam, or has the typical, "Foreclosure, We Buy Houses, Cash in 24 hours", I ignore it because it has been run into the

ground and I think most people pay no attention. A lot of advertising I see comes off like they are a snake oil salesman, or carnival barker! TACKY!

And what's wrong with snake oil salesmen??

post-1-1324559978.jpg

I think for mailouts having a local base is important, including the return address, UNLESS you approach it from the "we have currently expanded to the Houston area and have been overwhelmed with the response from people looking for a lease purchase in your area. Our local representative there (fill in the blank) is standing by to answer any questions you ay have..."

Keep in mind, you can get a bulk mail permit there, and HIRE someone to do the mailouts for you that lives there.

Everytime I go to the post office, there are people there dropping off mailings, and these people look borderline homeless...

Join forces with Douglas to hit an area outside of his, he becomes your rep for your area, but you put up the $$ for the mailout....

If you get a house in his area, you give him the lead and he pays you xx amount once he closes it.

Put a business plan in place using a homeless person to do the mailings, and tweak as needed.

Darin,

Good "seeing" you, again.

I receive "local" mail with an out-of-town bulk permit, and really don't think much about it. Not having a local return address is a different matter.

But, that's just me.

Lynn (FL)

It's not going to matter...

What will matter is likely a good presence...

Ie.. can they pick up the phone and call your

office...

Can they go to your website... and prove your

real.. (although I HATE We Buy Houses websites,

in most cases... different topic)

I hope you aren't using the brochure to skip

the sales process... and it's the beginning...

You can't skip the dating process... that's what

"true marketing" is...

It's the ability to make everything easy to get

a date... and move forward...

Remember.... ever marketing piece has a step

by step function...

Too many people try to do get a piece of their

marketing to do too many things....

Ie.. I use bandit signs (of course, lol)

Step 1. put out bandit signs -

Purpose: to make people aware

they could sell their house - drive traffic to phone

Step 2. they call - they get voicemail

Purpose: to screen sellers for motivation

Step3. they call my cell or after being screened

by voicemail***

Purpose: set an appointment to sign up deal

Every step has purpose...

Too many people want to add extra dance

steps... it's like trying to teach someone the

rumba who has three feet... Why you wanna

make it that hard...

Minimize the steps between you and them...

Cheers,

P.S. Voicemail script - Banditsigns.com/voicemail

You know...maybe the bulk mail permit location doesn't matter, since most people don't look at that.

You can call down to a UPS or Mail place to get a PO box for a return address.

Tell them you're moving down in a month and want to get mail set up down there.