The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Update on New Board Layout

As you can plainly see, we now have a new board. Lots of new bells and whistles, most of which I haven't begun to figure out yet. :huh:

I've been running an older version of the software that runs this board only because I don't take too readily to change. Ultimately, though, I was forced to bring in the new. The spam bots have been attacking big time, (probably 100 bogus registrations daily). Even worse, some jackass attempted a brute force attack via my admin account in an effort to get to the heart of this place. Couldn't get in, but he, (she?), did manage to block my account so I couldn't log in for two days. :angry:

IPB support took the reins and updated the board and got me back in. Now all I have to do is figure out how to post, moderate, and once again be a heavy handed admin.

Feedback, opinions, suggestions all welcome.

I have figured out how to attach photos, though. . .

post-1-0-09357900-1328666468.png

It must have been WikiLeaks or Anonymous. :angry:

They are trying to take over the most important informational sites and companies!

Darin

It's those darn Chinese hacking into everything. MC are you going to be able to place your logo in the place of the "IPC Community" logo?

Steve, the entire board will need to be re-skinned since the old graphics don't work with this new version. Still deciding what to do. Considering a long overdue overhaul of the the entire Naked Investor site. Daunting task that I've got to talk to some folks about.

An rss feed feature would be great! That way i could just subscribe to the forum and it would show up in my google feed with other forums that i subscribe to.

I know IPB has the feature and the admin can activate it so if they have still taken over the reins to get you back on track I would love for you to ask them to activate that feature for your members.

That is if everyone else thinks it is a good idea of course???

I've been talking with someone about doing an entire new website layout and format. Still in the embryo stage at this time. Much to discuss and organize. I'll keep you posted, Steve. In the meantime, concern yourself with how the Panthers are going to compete in a Giants world next season. B)

Will see MC, Newton our new QB was just getting his feet wet this year. The Giants have seen their better days.

post-85-0-76394100-1331406394.jpg

. . . The Giants have seen their better days.

post-85-0-76394100-1331406394.jpg

Ahh. . .the beauty of the off season. When talkin' trash is free and easy. :lol:

Your luck I was gonna report you MC but I thought the Moderate might hold it against me.

Please note: The moderator will be made aware of the link to the page you are reporting.

This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.

Go Pack Go

OH yeah I stop in occasionally I had to log in for this post

Wow! A Tony from VA sighting! That's as rare as the Dodo bird! Go to hear from you again, oldtimer. You and I go back to '03. Hope all is well. . .and I'm looking forward to another BigBlue beatdown next season.