The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

when TB wants to go month to month w/out paying another option conside

a year ago i did a CA at 213k with 6k down. I was going to do a 18 or 24 month but TB only had 3k [said he had 6 initially but whatever] so I made it a 12 month lease with the option to renew for another 12 months with another 3k down. Now he wants to go month to month because he "may have to transfer with his job soon and another 3k is out of the question."

Lease ends April 1st, by feb 1st i had not responded to his request so he told me he would move out... cool! Middle of Feb i sent this email:

"Guy"

Sorry for the delayed reply. It took me a while to contact Mr "owner" but he did give me a call from "xxx" to discuss your property. He was really disappointed that you will not be able to buy it as we all initially planned. I did however tell him about your future move back home with your job and I told him you were doing it to be closer to your family, which he understood.

Most sellers get very irate when this type of thing happens, but he was overly nice about it and said he wishes you and your family the best! He is still looking to sell the property ASAP while he still has a little, and I do mean little, equity in the property. I tried but could not sell him on the benefits to him of a month to month rental in this current real estate market.

Since you and "wife" will be moving out by April 1st I will have to come by and take some photos of the property so it can be listed for sale again. If you could let me know when is a good day and time for me to stop by and do that I would greatly appreciate it.

-----

the day i sent the email I get a call from a "buyer" interested in that property even though it is listed as "pending/under contract" on my site. He asks if it's on the market and i said yes. I didn't realize until after i hung up that the call had to be a friend of the tenants. A few hours later a crazy lady [ his wife is nuts btw] called asking if i had any homes in that area and i said no but took her information, even though she couldnt tell me how much she had for a downpayment and kept saying "just tell me if you have some homes in that area."

Now it's been 5 days and no reply to my email, which is his preferred communication method. i want to have them show the home to future TB's and no damage it out of anger so I need to approach this carefully. What would you guys do [call him i'm sure] and what would you say?

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Be firm and take control now or this will run away from you quickly.

You've already sent an email explaining the situation politely and professionally. Now you need to call the tenants and talk. What are their plans? What's their attitude? How cooperative are they going to be? And you'll need to get into the house for a look around and to take some pictures.