The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Shar NJ

Mailout Numbers

Good morning All,

I am planning a mailout and I am looking to aquire 10 or so new properties for SLO's or CA's. Approximately how many brochures or postcards do I need to mail out to hit this number? Statistically, how many need to go out to get enough calls to turn enough sellers?

Thank you!

Shar

I have found that I get a 3-4 percent response rate on my postcards, which I am generally able to convert about 50 percent of to CA deals. This will vary depending on your postcard or brochure, the list you are mailing to, and the time of year. If you were looking to sign up 10 properties I would suggest at least 1,000 postcards or brochures.

What have others found? What type of marketing campaigns do you all have going, have things begun to pick up with the spring weather?

Thanks Lynn, and thank you Mike for the reply. I'm going to do 1000 brochures next week, it's my biggest mailout ever. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

Thanks Lynn, and thank you Mike for the reply. I'm going to do 1000 brochures next week, it's my biggest mailout ever. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

Hi Shar,

Who did you use for the brochures, & what was the cost? Do you have pics or example?

Thanks,

Erik

I'll be interested to hear how the mailing worked out, Shar. Keep us posted. I would think a thousand piece mailing will generate a substantial response.

The mailing is going out next week, I'll let everyone know. So far I am been doing pretty good with FSBO and FRBO on CL, getting a decent response. I'm mailing to MLS active and expired (90 days expired) and active on FSBO sites.

For brochures I'm using:

www.data1graphics.com

Cost is $164 for 1000 folded glossy brochures, $70 for the brochure design + postage. They have lots of designs and examples on their website.

MC,

Usual emails to CL, brochures to www.ForSaleByOwner.com, etc

The majority of the brochures will go to active and expired MLS listings.

I would definitely like to see what numbers you pull in as well,

I am sedning out a 1000 piece mailer and am hoping to get a handful of houses from that.

I am targeting properties that are listed before 2012 and between the price ranges of $80K - $200k

Now are you sending the brochure to the listed address, or are you cross referencing through assessor to get mailing address< I find that to be time consuming.

Also, do you have criteria for what gets the brochure or just all listed properties that aren't foreclosure, shortsale, REO...

Thanks,

Timster 2000

I'm in the process of getting the labels together right now. I'm working with a VA to format them and look up addresses. In my MLS you only have to click on a tab to get the tax records address. She's in charge of that and formatting the labels.

I live in an area surrounding a major city so I am doing two sets of criteria:

Minimum of 3BR and 1.5 baths from 160k-325k in the suburbs and 2-3BR minimum of 1.5 baths 275k-400k in the city. I put out some test posts on CL and this was where the demand lies.

Thanks For Sharing,

Thats a good idea to do some market analysis by putting out ghost ads....

Now do you have a seasoning period for the listed properties....ie listed for 30,60,90 days.

Have you done a mailer before, if so, what was your response.

I don't have a seasoning period, I am mailing to everything in the MLS that fits my parameters and zip codes. I have only done small, informal mailouts before.