The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Shar NJ

Mailout Numbers

Mine is going out this week. VA is typing up addresses and tells me she will be done by April 16th, I'm going to send them out as she emails them to me.

I've had one call from my brochure mailing, and a couple of people "want to know more" from some emails I sent to online ads, but nothing has closed.

Lynn (FL)

Thanks for you updates Lynn...I personally sent out two baches of mailers.

1) - 333 mail pieces and recieved one email from that - dead end

2) - 216 mail piece and received one email - lead to phone conversation, meet up, questions about contract, approval of contract, set up meeting to get final contract signed.

I believe the key is what John stated, that they need to be sent to them several times. However, due to medical issues my cash available is in the red so back to cold calls and emails.

216 mail piece and received one email - lead to phone conversation, meet up, questions about contract, approval of contract, set up meeting to get final contract signed.

Way to go, Tim!

So quick update. The property that I received from the first mailer I put up available as a CA lease option, however, found a buyer who wanted to do seller financing. I start my investing career as a wholesaler so I was pretty familiar with seller carry backs. Went back to the seller told them that they could now get full asking price for the property and make 6% on their money for the next 5-10 years which would net them an extra 30K-50K $$$....They are both older and understand residual income and working for their retirement so they wanted to do a 7 year plan.

Went back to the buyer told him that my "partner" and I agree to do seller financing at 6% amortized over 25 years with a balloon in 7. He was very happy and thankful and instead of the %3500 option deposit that we were asking for he stated that he wanted to put down $5000....an extra 1500 for yours truely.

So now the property is in escrow and should close this week with me collecting my assignment fee of $5K....

However, all this comes with a question. I have more money to do marketing, however, I noticed that once I want to do the marketing to the fullest....there are only 3,000 property listed in my area that are in the price range that is acceptable and most marketable for a lease purchase......and some of those are going to be short sales and foreclosure.......

DO you have this same problem John.....I want to work up and be sending out thousands of brochures, but may be looking at having to start something virtually for a bigger market.

I will be sending this next list twice and hopefully will see a much better result than just one property from a mailer of about 600. This time around I will be sending out 600 twice.

Thanks for your feedback and remember.....

"WInners never Quit,

and Quitters never Win"

Congrats, TIm! I know you've been pushing this hard and I'm happy to see the result of your effort.

Hitting the same homeowner multiple times is probably your best approach to getting positive replies. More often than not we need to be hit over the head more than once to pay attention.

What about expanding your target area to increase your base?

I'm actually sending mailers to the whole county which cuold include me driving over an hour to the property. I believe when I have the marketing numbers I will send mail to all listins even the active contingent and capa.

Right now I sent to all active listing from 80K - 220K which is slightly above the median price in my area. I have taken on more expensive properties, however, find it difficult to move.

I send some letters to capa, because in those cases the buyer within the transaction needs to sell their house so I feel as though it more viable to become active again. However, next mailer I will send to all active, capa, and contingent.

I am also doing craigslist calls, texts, and emails which is done by a VA. However, am looking at hiring a VA who can return calls. I will be in need of someone who can speak english well and not sound like a robot. If anyone can recommend a VA they may be using who needs more work please let me know, we can discuss a referal fee for you.

an Remember,

"If you help enough people get what they want,

you will get what you want"

Zig Zigler

I have taken on more expensive properties, however, find it difficult to move.

Not surprising. The market of buyers and tenant/buyers decreases as the price increases, obviously. But while your marketing time increases so does the amount of expected option consideration.

Don't know why, but I've actually been getting good response from my emails to CraigsList FSBO ads.

Go figure !!!

Lynn (FL)

Don't know why, but I've actually been getting good response from my emails to CraigsList FSBO ads.

Go figure !!!

Lynn (FL)

Don't question it, Lynn. Embrace it!

Hey Tim!!!

Do NOT do mailers till mid-late July....preferably August.....

We are the PLAN B....until you get to mid July...sellers are looking at PLAN A...once the sumer is winding down..they are much more receptive to PLAN B.

Save your marketing capital and do door hangers in July, then do direct mail late July or August.

3000 homes is certainly enough to hit hard!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks John, My plan was to do your brochure in which I have down before and made 5K off of 600 letters. I was also going to do 500 yellow letters and about 100 bandit signs. Do you suggest that instead off all that do about 3K door hangers. Any good Ideas for door hangers does overnightprints have door hangers. I have your outline for a bochure, do you have one for a door hanger.

Thanks again John.

"The most important thing for a young man is to establish credit, a reputation and character."

John D. Rockefeller

Just stick the brochures you have in the plastic bag door hangers.

You can get the door hangers super cheap at Uline.com

3k door hangers...wow...that would be a beating IMHO!

I would suggest focusing on the area you made $5k off of.

Narrow down the field at first, and hit the same area a few times, rather than a wide swath 1 time.