The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

yard sign: professional or hand written? HOA is complaining

Thanks David,

I ordered your signs and did what your manual said, however, in the begining because of the strict sign laws in this older community "retirees" I was hesitant on putting up too many signs. I had the proeprty listed on craiglist, backpage, and kijiji, however, the few calls I received were from the signs.

However, no real buyers, then I said heck with it I need to get this propety moved put up more perimeter signs and put some up even in the neighboring city, put up more directional signs starting from the off ramp of the freeway, and would go back and make sure the signs were up, if they got taken down I put more up...

Well, I received the most calls that I had been getting and now the house is in escrow as a seller carry back in which I will be collecting a $5K assignment fee.

Thanks for your time and manual, I saw much more result from the signs then my internet marketing.

Remember.....

"The pain of success is temporary,

whereas the pain of regret is forever."

Just a quick note on homeowner associations. When I first started I used to fight tooth and nail with them but my state had a sign law that a 18x24 sign was allowed in front of the home period so they couldn't enforce their rules. But the directional signs could be pulled. Well I started putting an ad in the HOA newsletter and they started being nicer because I was helping cover the cost of the newsletter and my directionals stayed up as long as I put them out Friday am and pulled them Sunday pm but that was good enough. I had a kid in the tract do it for me.

And the ad usually gave me a deal or two each year that I wouldn't have know about. So of course I expanded to other tracts. Now the investor benefit of actual bs with the powers, they would inform me of non payment of dues and thus a potential lead. Now some did not allow rentals, but gave in if it was a lease option classifying it as a slow moving sale. but they did that because we had a nicer relationship and when they played hard ball I used my secret weapon to get a tenant buyer in.