The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Website Marketing

Just wondering what everyone is doing for advertising on their website (making current & past inventory look good) even if you don't have many deals available or under your belt. I saw one of the posts where somebody on the forum posted they put other peoples properties on their site and the owner or realtor got po'd. I read Shar's post about putting prior properties you lived in, but was wondering what other have done.

Erik,if you don't have properties to list, you're probably better off not faking it. Besides, you're getting a deal isn't going to come from a homeowner being impressed by some pretty houses on a website. You will be the deciding factcor in their decision.

Erik..I wouldn't market other peoples properties at all unless you have a contract with them...if you don't have an equitable interest in the property it is illegal to market the property, that is probably why the owner/realtor got pissed off. You don't want to get involved with the board of realtors as practicing real estate without a license.

Right now your main concern should be getting sellers on board with you. To do that you don't need a website. I started from scratch and all I would do is send them an attachment stating the benefits of a lease purchase and you can make that look proffessional with your company name and everything.

I also would suggest getting a LLC and that will make you look more professional and protect you as well.

Maybe don't list available properties out in the open, but make squeeze page for people interested in seeing available houses and, well... all your inventory is gone because the deals are so hot, but you'll let them know when something that meets their criteria becomes available!