The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Postcard Marketing Enhanced Carrier Route

Well got my postcard campaign setup with the following at Click2mail.

Current Total:

Postage Costs: First Class (Standard Address) Price: $0.255 Qty: 528 Total: $134.64

Production Costs: Price: $0.165 Qty: 528 Total: $87.12

Total Cost: $221.76

Black print with yellow card.

I checked out the Post Office's Every Door Direct Mail, but it looks like you can't customize an address in the body of the card, and also it is sent to "Postal Customer" instead of the person's name. Plus you can't filter out apartment complexes if they fall within a carrier route, so there would be a lot of wasted postcards/postage.

Needless to say things are a bit confusing on their site.

I have also been looking at the USPS Enhanced Carrier Route, see URL: http://pe.usps.com/c...0/Notice123.pdf

See the section Standard Mail: LETTERS—CARRIER ROUTE & AUTOMATION which is the section I think applies.

According to this section, it looks like there is a discount from the usual first class postage for postcards.

I think Enhanced Carrier Route allows for sending the card with the person's name instead of "Postal Customer"

So, I was just wondering if anybody here has used the Enhanced Carrier Route for your mailings & if so, what was your experience?

I plan on talking with the Postmaster tomorrow, so I'll let everyone know any info I get.

I've never looked into that Erik, so let us know what you find.

My VA sends me the list that I print out on the AVery 5160 template labels, and the list she sends has the owner's name, then underneath it says "Or Current Resident" which USPS requires for bulk mail as you aren't paying for return postage.

I found this: http://www.satorisoftware.com/support/tech-notes/280/address-management/qualifying-for-enhanced-carrier-route-postage-rates/

Sounds to me like a discounted postage rate if your mailing meets certain criteria. I skimmed the article but I think you've gotta be mailing to a specific area and mailing to a certain density of mailboxes (i.e. 75% of total possible deliveries on a carrier route are getting your mail, or more)

Not something I'd think too much about.... might work great for mailing catalogs or political advertising but if you're on any type of budget I think hitting very specific people who meet very specific criteria will get you a much better response than blanketing a whole area (hitting renters, people who just bought their house, people who are severely underwater or own the most undesireable property in the area that would take forever to resell)

$222 for 528 postcards, in the mail, without you having to ever touch them or put them in a mailbox.... That's a pretty good price IMO.

Compared to yellow letters (which you or someone you pay would have to print/write, address, stuff, stamp, drop in the mail) which would cost me $327 (roughly) and take several hours of my time. If the postcard is a good one and your list is a good one and accurate, I know first hand you can get a similar response rate to yellow letters with regular old click2mail