The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
moneyman

New Investor, which way do I GO?

Moneyman, first of all, welcome to The Naked Investor. I hope you become a regular part of our new community.

I think your question is too vague for anyone to answer. What type of deals are you looking to transact? What is your background? What studying/experience do you have, if any? Etc.....

If you can provide us with more information I'm sure we can offer some advice and opinions and get you on your way.

Guest Guest_moneyman

I'm about to begin my real estate investing career and I'm interested in L/P investing. Since I'm new to real estate investing but not investing in general- I believe you can cut down bad experiences and limiting your risks buy studying, talking to people who are already are doing what you want to be doing, but in the meantime you can dabble alittle with some play money until your comfortable with your abilities and jump in full time. Thant's my point with my previous question, would anyone recommend waiting until I learn the ropes better or go ahead and get my first deal and learn as I go?

Sorry for the length

Moneyman, no need to apologize about posting or length of posts. That's what this board is here for.

I agree wholeheartedly that educating yourself first, at least to some degree, is the prudent way to approach any new venture. Ignorance may be bliss, but it can also be damn expensive!

I guess I have a biased perspective, but I think for the new real estate investor, lease purchasing can be one of the best ways to break in. Done correctly, it is low risk and requires little to no startup capital. Nor is it technically difficult, either. Overall, I think lease purchasing provides a nice comfort zone for most new creative real estate investors.

A little bit of studying, a little guidance, spend some time here, and you'll be fine. We'll do all we can to shorten your learning curve.