The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
stoppayingrentnh.com

Sandwich Lease Option and Cooperative lease option

Hello Everyone,

I think i am confused in the wording here,is there a difference between a sandwich lease and a cooperative lease.When i do my marketing ,the sellers that called me thought they would be speaking to an actual tenant buyer,once i explained it to them they say they weren't interested.Are there ways to say yes i am renting the property negotiate and protect myself and still assign it to a tenant buyer without being tied up for monthly payments to seller,and still make some good profits.If yes, what contracts would i use from the manual.

I think i am confused in the wording here,is there a difference between a sandwich lease and a cooperative lease.

Very much so, Junior. In a sandwich lease you are actively involved in the deal, playing the part of owner/landlord. With a CA you are only putting the deal together and once you assign the deal to a t/b you are out of the loop entirely.

When i do my marketing ,the sellers that called me thought they would be speaking to an actual tenant buyer,once i explained it to them they say they weren't interested.

Been there, done that. You need to let the homeowner know from the get-go that you are not looking for your personal residence, but rather you are offering a service. If not, well, you see what their reaction will be everytime.

Are there ways to say yes i am renting the property negotiate and protect myself and still assign it to a tenant buyer without being tied up for monthly payments to seller,and still make some good profits.

Of course, Junior. That's precisely what a Cooperative Assignment is. The agreements we use would be the CA Residential Lease Agreememt, the Option to Purchase Agreement, and the CA Assignment Agreement.

• Like 1