The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DeeLight

Hair Salons, Life & Mother Confessor

I wanted to share with you a marketing idea that could pay off well for you---maybe even as well as direct mail.

I owned hair salons for 30 years. I really should have a therapists license by now for the huge number of people that I have had the privilege of sharing in the joyful events of their lives; And cry on my shoulder when their life was going rough.

I walked with people as they got married (and wanted to buy a home), had children (needed a bigger home), got divorces (needed to sell the home(s), traveled through grave illnesses, lost husbands/wives . . . I think you get the picture. Hairdressers are the unsung mother/father confessors. I had both men and women tell me things taht they probably rarely told anyone else.

One of my marketing exercises will be to send a nice little package of biz cards with a letter stating that I would love to help anyone they know who could use some skilled and creative help to solve a real estate challenge. I will of course offer a thank you gift to the hairdresser for referring people to me.

I haven't worked out all the kinks but I KNOW without a shadow of doubt that salons are a hotbed of leads for any biz and especially for r.e.

Just thought I'd give you food for thought : )

I know my "fabulous" hair dresser Brandon knows the scoop on everyone...I'll have to see if he'd be willing to pass out my cards, maybe with the promise of a referral fee for any deals I do from him. Interesting idea

Yes Brian,

It would be done on a down-low kind of personal passing on of information between the customer and the trusted hairdresser friend. It's hard to understand, even for me after so many years, why this hairdresser/customer bond is so strong. All the hairdresser would need to say is, "I know this guy that I think could help you" and hand a couple of cards to them.

The ideal would be to have several salons as referral sources. It would be best to even visit the salon and hand out the info package however it is very hard to get the salon owner because they are either BUSY or not in the salon.

Let us know how it goes.

Yes, always good to leave lots of cards at businesses. I usually put the clear business card holders (so they can see the whole card) on the counters of several business.

I have put them at several of the gas stations around the area, restaurants, laundry-mat, drug store, donut shop, flower shop, video store, rent-a-center (to try to find tenant buyers) & yes even hair stylist. I make a point of refilling them at the end of the week. It seems every week I have to add cards.

I've been looking at getting something like this to hang several business cards at once on bulletin boards

http://www.hangups.com/MerchandiserStrips.html

Probably MSL-12k