The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

I've read a bit here and there in the forums about real estate agents working with us. I'd like to get a clearer picture of how we could partner with these people to get more deals.

I have a few agents that I have recently begun to form relationships with and am wondering if and how you work with agents to present a win-win scenario. I think new agents might be more willing to work with us.

Any thoughts?

You're correct in assuming you will receive a better reception from a new, hungry Agent than with an older, established one who is set in his or her ways.

Some win-win plays: they can run comps for you on potential deals you are assessing. In exchange, you pass along the contact info of homeowners who just want to sell their house and be done with it. Agents live for listings and if you can provide a few you've got a friend.

Likewise, you can do the same with mortgage brokers. They can give you folks who want to buy a house but need time before they can qualify. Perfect Rent-To-Own prospects. In a year they come back to the broker who gets to write a loan. You can also funnel your t/b's to him for a look at what needs to be done to qualify so when they go to exercise their option they can complete the deal.

• Like 1

Deelight

Michael is right, agents even the experience ones, like leads, same with mortgage people and others. Just make sure you give something in return.

I can't believe the number of investors that just want to take, take. and take. I was talking to a woman investor a few months ago and she was bragging about how she had all these agents jumping around doing stuff for her and then she complained about how things have changed recently they don't seem to have time for her, duh.

I speak as an investor since 1955 (one week after my 16th birthday) and an agent/broker since 1964. Just make sure the agent is halfway competent whether new or old, and try and find one in the separate areas you work so some level of local expertise.

Thank you BTI. It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience in this niche.

Life is lived by breathing in and breathing out. If we are only breathing in we will die. Just the same, as we will not live best by only taking in and not giving back.

Well, I think we all occasionally come across clients who, for whatever reason, who we'd rather not work with. Maybe they're too demanding, too much of a drain on our time, etc. Refer these clients to an agent with whom you'd like to build some rapport. The combination of personalities may mesh better. If so, you'll have earned some good will by having sent business their way.

• Like 1