The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DeeLight

Sellers response to email

This just in from today's CL emails (It's a growing area, very nice.)

Thank you for your inquiry of our home for sale as listed on Craigs List.

We would consider a possible Lease Option to purchase if the terms and conditions are acceptable. It is a lovely home in Tehachapi, Ca. called Bear Valley Springs. The house will continue on the market through the end of August, 2012. Beginning Sept. 1st, it will be listed for lease/rent by a local Property Management Company.

Doesn't sound super motivated. Maybe market for a t/b? after the listing is up? To me it sounds like they want others to do all the work so I don't know if they would want to "partner" in it with me (put up signs & flyers). I could talk with them to see though.

So I need to fill out the info sheet with them 1st and do some homework---fmv, frv----right? I should do this just for the practice, right?

;)Your input is most appreciated

As soon as you read "We would consider a possible Lease Option to purchase if the terms and conditions are acceptable.", you know they aren't motivated. It's currently on the market for sale. If they were to do a lease purchase I suspect it would be on their terms, meaning an unrealistic amount of option consideration upfront.

Now, if it doesn't sell, then they will go with a rental. That's where you might be able to get involved. Key word being might. But let's not allow my skepticism and overall disgust with the human race get in the way. :P Send them your follow up email or call them and start to get a better feel for what they need.

• Like 1

Yes, I always choke on that comment from sellers. It's like this in my head, "Oh reeeealllly now. You'll do me a big favor will you? Hey I'VE got the chocolates. Call me when you want some" hahahahahaha

I'll play a bit with them. I could use the practice. I'll give them a call tomorrow just for fun.

Thanks Michael

And relax with it, too, Dee. In all likelihood there's nothing there. So you've got nothing to lose, but you will gain some experience. Have fun. ;)

They may not be motivated now but sometimes they come back months later. I follow up 2-3 months later...just got my latest property that way and working on another from May, we just have to come up with a price.

I have a folder of all the Seller Price Sheets I send out and follow up within 90 days.

Thanks Shar,

The seller price sheets . . . are those sent out after they have asked what it will look like if they accept a l/o. Did the seller ask for a price sheet----or do you send them out when u r particularly interested in a property?

Thanks for clarifying.

It's so funny from the outside this looks so easy but once inside it's like a maze I get lost in every other day. lol When I have some perspective instead of "trying it on" it will be more reassuring.

My system is... I send one email asking if they would be interested in selling on a LO and I attach Advantages of Selling on a Lease Option for the Seller. When I get a yes reply I send a detailed email explaining the specifics of how it works and ask for their address.

Once they reply I put together offers for both a CA and SLO and send it along with the Seller Price Sheet.

It gets easier as you go as it is really the same system over and over for each house. :)

Once they reply I put together offers for both a CA and SLO and send it along with the Seller Price Sheet.

Why both types of deals, Shar? Don't the numbers of the deal determine your approach?

It seems I get a better response, it's as if they are no longer choosing between do I want to do this or not but now which offer do I take? I heavily slant the numbers to CA's, because that's what I prefer.

now that's quite clever Shar . . . give them other choices. I like that.

I'll be glad when I'm on familiar terrain and it starts to have some rhyme and reason :blush: