The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MikeT/NC

Bandit sign wording

Any tips on how to place them? or how to train people to place them?

I ran a test Ad yesterday offering people $50 dollars to put up 40 (hand made paper signs), I got 50 emails this morning. I also offer them incentive that if i buy from any of their leads i pay them $500.

However the signs I made are hard to put up, need tapes, wouldn't go on poles because they are big. I've read that people bring hammer, nails to put up signs, some others use those bag signs plugged into the ground. but i think they are too easily removed.

Which one is more efficient?

btw. I saw this wicked sign near our supermarket, giant, and must have had 10 elastic band secured to a power line pole, 4 meters off the ground, nobody is getting that baby down any time soon.

Any tips on how to place them? or how to train people to place them?

Don't over think the process. Place them in high traffic, high visibility areas. Decide if you want your signs in the ground or up on poles, and then instruct your hired help.

I ran a test Ad yesterday offering people $50 dollars to put up 40 (hand made paper signs), I got 50 emails this morning. I also offer them incentive that if i buy from any of their leads i pay them $500.

50 replies for a $50 gig? I guess the employment situation in Canada is as bleak as it is here.

Just remember to use an untraceable phone number on your signs, in case the sign police come a gunnin' for you.

well, a city official called my voice mail today threaten to charge me for the signs i posted. and he asked me to call him back

lol i don't understand, i thought advertising house for sale is accepted, and why would I call him?

bah!

Daniel, you're using Google Voice or some other untraceable number, I assume? Then don't worry and don't call back. . .unless you're in a playful mood. :P

Unfortunately, the communistic, corrupted country that I live in don't even have Google voice service. It's ridicules! We are right beside U.S.

I had to pay 10 dollars a week for an online voice mail service. I am pretty sure my info is hidden, let me double check.

ya I bet your ordinance says something like this:

"no bill shall be placed on public property . . . .. yada yada yada"

So here's what I've found!!!!

I look for a place called the KINDA-ILLEGAL-BUT-TOUGH-TO-ENFORCE Zone. If you put up a sign on a vacant property... you technically have it on private land so the city can't get after you. But the owner isn't around to enforce it so you're good! Another example is: some businesses have land next to the road that is separated by bushes or trees from the building proper. Know what I mean? It creates the situation of a 'legal' place to put it in that the private owners don't really enforce their rights.

The point is: there are plenty of 'legalish' places for bandit signs.

I like a very YIN sign too. I've very much like using proximity-directionals. For this, I use a long, narrow sign. From our lessons in Feng Shui, we remember that long and narrow is a very yin shape. Yin is the yielding, softer side of life. When we use a yin shape for our sign, they kinda just 'get by' a little better than the very yang square sign. People don't mess with the yin signs, and they stay up for weeks at a time. I believe some people have politely moved my sign, mowed the grass, then put it back. Sweet hearts!

Update on my bandit sign campaign: we've been staying revolutionary over here and haven't actually gone back to bandit signs. we did a human billboard for 3 days which has roped in a deal!!!! maybe 2!!! But there is no question: bandit signs pay! I may not even need a 'bandit sign' campaign if I continue to paste my signs up on properties I control in this town.

you lost me at yin...yang....and I am chinese!

I have come to realize that bandit sign is a MUST in this business, so I will have to deal with it. Even if I have to pay a fine sometimes (if they really come after me) I think it will be worth it still.

My signs shouts ILLEGAL from 500 meters away, i posted some in the middle of the road where traffic light is... hilarious. but they work wonders.

anyways, I am just a poor little chap trying to feed my family, so if they catch me...alright officer, i will pay my dues.

you lost me at yin...yang....and I am chinese!

:lol:

Daniel, if Google Voice isn't available, have you considered a TracFone or something similar? You can buy one and since there is no need to register the phone the number is untraceable. Use that number soley for your bandit signs and you'll know when it rings it's either an interested prospect or the sign police.

Daniel, if Google Voice isn't available, have you considered a TracFone or something similar? You can buy one and since there is no need to register the phone the number is untraceable. Use that number soley for your bandit signs and you'll know when it rings it's either an interested prospect or the sign police.

Ok I will check it out.

Update on my bandit sign campaign: we've been staying revolutionary over here and haven't actually gone back to bandit signs. we did a human billboard for 3 days which has roped in a deal!!!! maybe 2!!!

You mean you hired someone holding a board? that's expensive!

Daniel,

It is expensive to hire a corner beggar to hold a sign???? How much are they making per day just holding their own sign? I've thought about stopping and asking them some questions to see if they would want a reg job of holding MY sign

LOL...i love it, ask the homeless! Can you imagine? A homeless guy with greasy hair and rugged pants, dirty arms, holding a sign says "I buy Houses"

But seriously, I might just try that!

• Like 1