The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mpine

Answering Machine Messages

This evening I finally started to act like someone who wants to make money :) and left 20 messages with FSBOs, and was wondering if anyone has any good messages they like to use.

I went with a simple message... Hello this is Michael, I was wondering if your property at so ad so address is available? If it is available I am interested in Lease Options in your area as I have too many tenant/buyers currently. If this would interest you please call me at 516-xxx-xxxx.

I am hoping only those motivated will call me, at the same time I dont want to scare people away.

So if anyone has suggestions or scripts they like I would love to hear them.

On another note, I definitly think my email campaign was easier to do as I could give more information in an easier medium. ;P

Thanks,

Mike

One thing I see you might try, instead of using "option" use "Purchase" to me it gives a warmer fuzzier feeling

MC script works well*

*Tony does not get paid buy MC to promote his material

Thanks Tony,

I called 10 people on Lease Option and 10 People on Lease Purchase. I wasn't sure which would get a better response.

In the future I will probably go with Lease Purchase on all of them. Being my first time leaving messages left me a tad unsure. I did make sure to :) smile :o REAL BIG while leaving my messages, hopefully that will come through.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You are motivated and that is great...keep up the good work!

Hmm..when leaving a message, I would not mention 'lease option' or 'lease purchase'...make them want to call you back!

I would just say: "Hello, my name is Michael and I am wondering if your house is still for sale? Could you please call me back at (phone number). Thanks.

When they call back, you can ask them why they are selling, how soon they are wanting to sell, and then ask them something like: "If I were to write you a check today for the full amount, what would be your best price?" (Hint: don't mention 'lowest price' or 'lowest offer' - the word 'best' sounds more positive).

When they reply, wait a few seconds and then ask..'is that the best you could do?' or 'are you certain that that is the best you can do?' If they say yes, then wait a week or two and call them again. Or wait about 1/2 hour and then call them back again and make them an offer/counter offer even if they remain firm on their 'best offer'.

You can also use the third person approach and say something like: "The reason I asked about the best price is because I have a friend looking for a house and I'm assisting him in finding something." Of course it helps to actually have someone in mind but then......

Also, based on my experience, no matter how nice or sincere you may sound on the phone...not everyone will buy into the l/o philosophy. Don't act desparate or like a motivated buyer. Remember that you are doing them a favor by providing relief from their payments and problems. Don't fall into the trap of letting them think they are doing you a favor by selling you their home on their terms...then it's not a 'good deal'.

Hope this gives you some ideas and helps you a little. Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes,

Andrew

One thing I see you might try, instead of using "option" use "Purchase" to me it gives a warmer fuzzier feeling

MC script works well*

*Tony does not get paid buy MC to promote his material

I, too, like purchase as opposed to option.

*only on occasion does Tony receive royalties...