The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DeeLight

Do you l/o mobile home deals?

I heard they are trickier to do than regular houses. Has anyone don these? The ones I'm talking about are on land not in parks.

Thnx!

Not a mobile home guy. There aren't too many out my way due to the fact that they generally disappear every time we have a hurricane. In fact, they are known as hurricane magnets down here. :rolleyes:

Dee, Mobile homes are harder to get financing for. You might want to check with the broker you'll be using for your t/bs to see if they can get it financed.

Dee, Mobile homes are harder to get financing for. You might want to check with the broker you'll be using for your t/bs to see if they can get it financed.

uh-oh I don't have a "broker". You mean a mtg broker right? Hmm, another piece I hadn't thought of. I was thinking that I got the t/b and then received the option consideration and then I was out of the deal. I forgot that I want to help them get qualified for a loan too. I need to make a "steps to do" list and put it on the wall.

I talked to a mort. broker and she told me if I would get my prospects to fill out her "short form" and send it in she could take a look at it and let me know if they had a chance of qualifying in a year, give or take.(providing they told the truth on the form) She told me she could get back with me in a day or so. I figured it would be a good selling point to the seller if I could present them with a t/b that had been told by a MB that if they did XYZ they could get a loan in X # of months.

Yes, that is great Mike. I am slowly building a team to help my crei endeavors. I am wondering if mtg brkrs and title offices have to be local or anywhere in state---i.e. California.

Thanks for your help :D