The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Chad533

FSBO and listed with an agent

I am brand new here, just a few weeks reading and just got the manual. I am sening emails to FSBO sites and CL. One of the FSBO that I sent and intro to sent me an email back with this:

"Maybe I was to quick to say I call my broker and she asked to find out what you might be looking at. How much are you willing to put down and how long of the terms do you need. she said that it might can be worked out. Would like to here from you."

He sounds motivated. I just don't know how to explain it to him. He will obviously be showing it to his broker. I think he just wants it sold.

I also received this reply on a different person in regards to the firt email I sent:

"Thanks for the offer but need to sell it out right."

Would this be a pure option?

Hi, Chad, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

I don't know what your email said to the homeowner, but I'm assuming he thinks you are the prospective tenant/buyer looking to move into his property. If that's the case then he needs to know immediately that isn't the case. Otherwise you'll be wasting a lot of your time on the phone, backtracking and explaining. Never fun or productive. In addition, this property is listed and he has already contacted his Agent about this, adding another layer to the mix. And when the first thing they ask is how much are you putting down, it's time to move on. In short, there's nothing here for you.

As for the response about just wanting to sell outright, a Pure Option is a possibility but only if you can get an option price attractive enough that will allow you to flip it to a third party. If you end up paying at or near full retail, there's nothing you can do with it.

I am doing the "2-email" system, well trying... The first email just asked if the were interested in selling with a lease purchase.

Then regardless of their reply to the first, email the second. The response rate will fall off considerably, but that means the two email approach is working by eliminating you having to talk with homeowners who aren't interested.