The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Chad533

Seller needs a quick sale.

If a seler needs a quick sale because they are moving or buying a new house, etc, what is the best way to proceed? They are obviously motivated, but they can't wait months like would be required with a lease option. Is there anything we can do, or would this be one I would refer to a real estate agent in hopes of becoming on good terms with them and getting info from them and the mls?

Hi Chad, as one newbie to another I thought I'd give my bit of experience.

If a seler needs a quick sale because they are moving or buying a new house, etc, what is the best way to proceed? They are obviously motivated, but they can't wait months like would be required with a lease option. I've had a few of these type sellers----they sound very motivated but it turned out they were really only very wishful. They hoped some magic house buying fairy would show up and set them free. Sheesh. Is there anything we can do, or would this be one I would refer to a real estate agent in hopes of becoming on good terms with them and getting info from them and the mls? This is a good idea for you----not so much the seller. You know the drill of working with an agent----they'll show it a few times and if it doesn't sell fast they'll move onto the next house. It's the commission hunt. :glare: However, I am just now starting to make friends with some agents for the purpose of benefiting each other with leads. Another thing you could do that I read here is to get a pure option and then market the heck out of it. Why not . . . unless your desk is too full of deals :P---not the case here but hope it is for you.

Chad, not every homeowner and not every house is a good fit for lease purchasing. There are many deals we can have but the numbers or the homeowner's situation prove to be better suited to a traditional sale. This is where striking up a friendly working relationship with an open minded Agent pays off. You pass along these leads to the Agent who will go for the listing. In exchange, the Agent provides you with comps when you need them, expired listings, etc.

So to just retouch this topic, if a seller needs to sell outright because they need the money for a new place due to a job relocation, etc, there really isn't anything we can offer them in regards to lease purchasing. I was thinking maybe a pure option where I would help find an outright buyer or maybe I can manage a consulting fee with my vast 2 week experience. ;)

Yes Chad, there are some threads here about that. I think maybe Jonathan Rexford referenced that he doesn't keep just to one tool. He did write something about trying to get a pure option on a house and market it etc

maybe someone more experienced than me will be here to lend their thoughts.

If a homeowner wants no part of anything other than a traditional sale, then you can try and go with a Pure Option. But for that to work you will need an option price that makes it a deal you can move. If you're at full retail, who ya gonna sell it to?

k, can't "like" this so I'll say here that this makes good sense I hadn't considered Michael. Dang it!!! When will I be as smart as you??

If a seler needs a quick sale because they are moving or buying a new house, etc, what is the best way to proceed? They are obviously motivated, but they can't wait months like would be required with a lease option. Is there anything we can do, or would this be one I would refer to a real estate agent in hopes of becoming on good terms with them and getting info from them and the mls?

Tell them to sell it 30% below market. That ought to move it :P

• Like 1

Tell them to sell it 30% below market. That ought to move it :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::o whoooof, lmao Erik. Yeah, that would be called "Really?? how motivated ARE you????" ^_^ When I share this line with them all of a sudden I see them doing the old soft shoe sayin exit stage left :lol: :lol: :lol: