The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DeeLight

When a house is MORE $$ per sf

Wow, so much to learn! I have a deal on the table that seems to be in demand----without the FOUR eager t/bs knowing all the particulars.

Here's the rub: this house is hard or impossible to comp. All the houses in the area are "less than" this house. They are in the $77k to $104k $$ per sf range. This one is on sewer others are all on septic. This one clearly leads the pack but how do I figure a good price on it?

The OOS owner (a builder/developer who seems to be hurting) wants $275k; the highest comp in the area at $98.7 per sf sold recently for $225. This house I'm working with is $147 per sf.

Thanks for your input!!

p.s. just did the math on the highest comp in the area---not the closest---it sold for $225k (as above) so if it had sold for the $$ persf that this house is it would have sold for $334,632. So does that mean that this house could very well appraise for $300k ish in 1-2 yrs?

omgosh my brain :blink:

Dee, no one on the board can tell you the value of that property. Way too many variables go into that, including knowing the local market. You know more than you think and if you put that knowledge to work you will come up with an accurate determination of value. Trust your judgement, get some numbers in place, and get 'er done.

Yes Steve but I even have a potential straight buyer on it too. It's a non exclusive so I hope I find a buyer first!!!

I hope you do too! Nice!

Yes Steve but I even have a potential straight buyer on it too. It's a non exclusive so I hope I find a buyer first!!!

Straight. . .Gay. . .what difference does it make??

Sorry, couldn't resist. . . :P