The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
djbusch

Discouraged!!

Not being a beee-achie here David but sometimes it's good to keep the attitude that, "Hey I GOT the chocolates. If you play nice I'll share". It's all about making sure that they see they need you and not the other way around. ;)

You can always get one of those "Will work for food guys" to hold a RTO directional sign to advertise your property. They seem pretty good at holding signs. Give him a few bucks and now you are a job creator.

Doing this is easy....even MC can do it.

But getting traction can take a bit.

Put a business plan together and then take action on it.

List how you are going to market for houses.

If cash is low, it's time to get creative. I'd say door hangers and postcards, or heck...even tri-fold brochures you print.

Hit the same houses every week. Hit at least 200 or so. 1k door hanger bags are a whopping $45 or so.

Cold call Clist and FSBO's after 5:30

E-mail Clist people every day. At least 30 e-mails a day.

Place bogus ads for houses for lease purchase to start generating a buyers list.

One thing you don't want to do...and this is CRUCIAL!!!!

DON'T JUMP FROM REAL ESTATE COURSE TO REAL ESTATE COURSE!!!!

Focus 100% on LO's and do NOT get distracted.

• Like 1

Also on my list:

annnnd save up enuf money to get the JJ course after I've mastered the basics given by the master l/o coach, MC.

Doing this is easy....even MC can do it.

But getting traction can take a bit.

Put a business plan together and then take action on it.

List how you are going to market for houses.

If cash is low, it's time to get creative. I'd say door hangers and postcards, or heck...even tri-fold brochures you print.

Hit the same houses every week. Hit at least 200 or so. 1k door hanger bags are a whopping $45 or so.

Cold call Clist and FSBO's after 5:30

E-mail Clist people every day. At least 30 e-mails a day.

Place bogus ads for houses for lease purchase to start generating a buyers list.

One thing you don't want to do...and this is CRUCIAL!!!!

DON'T JUMP FROM REAL ESTATE COURSE TO REAL ESTATE COURSE!!!!

Focus 100% on LO's and do NOT get distracted.

i don't want to sound like doubting you because i believe these are the options that we should really focus on.

I have a question out of curiosity, as a seasoned investor, do you still do all of the above?

Daniel, once you become established there's no need to do ALL of the above. But if you're new to this business the more diversified and aggressive your marketing plan is, the greater the likelihood of long term success.

For example, I don't cold call anymore, but is the very way I started in this business. Back in the day, FSBO's were advertised in the local newspapers. The internet was in its infancy and I considered it a gimmick that was going to fade out, much like hula hoops and Pet Rocks.

Daniel, once you become established there's no need to do ALL of the above. But if you're new to this business the more diversified and aggressive your marketing plan is, the greater the likelihood of long term success.

For example, I don't cold call anymore, but is the very way I started in this business. Back in the day, FSBO's were advertised in the local newspapers. The internet was in its infancy and I considered it a gimmick that was going to fade out, much like hula hoops and Pet Rocks.

Wow MC, you mean they actually put classified ads in the newspaper back in your the day?! :P

WHEE!!!! MC is right...what you starting off changes as you have done this for years.

I don't cold call or contact CList peeps.

I did just have a person hang about 200 or so door hangers for me though to tie into my direct mail campaign.

Also, when MC started off, I think he was lease optioning caves and pyramids...

Also, when MC started off, I think he was lease optioning caves and pyramids...

That's right. When men were men and women were Raquel Welch. . .

post-1-0-04825400-1345751484_thumb.jpg