The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

Aug. 21, 2012

Dear Diary,

This is my 2nd day of opening my business investing in real estate.

Yesterday I've sent out about 80 emails to sellers, I've got 2 people replied wants to know the terms. Another 2 wonders what a lease purchase is.

They want me to call them...*gasp.

My hands are sweaty, and my heart races at the thought of picking up the phone...Ugh....even though I talk to people all the time at work, but this....this is making me nervous.

Instead, I replied in emails, explained what I do, and says if they want to continue, only then I will call him. Was this the coward way out?

I couldn't sleep last night, my mind was filled with houses...emails...contracts...more houses... I kept on telling myself, this is just business, don't over think it, don't let it disrupt your normal life, just sleep...

I woke up tired, with houses in my mind.

There is only you and me, dear diary, and the road to success seems narrow, bumpy, and very, very long...

sincerely,

Daniel

Daniel-

You'll have to get on the phone and the Naked Manual is your best freind. Keep it on your desk and mark those pages of questions and what to say to the seller. Get the seller talking about their situation and their house and you Listen more. Direct the conversation with the questions in the Manual. Take each call as far as you can and don't worry about messing up. You'll have plenty of other calls to practice on to get a deal.

Daniel,

What a great post, gave me goosebumps cuz you described it so well. I've been having mini anxiety attacks all day every day. But I'm getting more into the fun of it all.

Some thing I tell myself:

I will very likely have to talk to a lot of different people before I get THE deal (and the butterflies go away)

I'll probably mess up at some point;

I have wonderful people to check in with often here;

Stay focused and consistent----don't quit on the days I'm doubtful (or ticked off)

We're all here for you Daniel. It's great to have another newbie in the game and sharing here ;)

p.s. do you have emails #1 and #2 that we use? did you read the "email marketing plan" here in the forum?

yes. I have.

I am thinking of change my approach a bit, to see how the result differs. Currently i sent #1 then follow up #2, but nobody responds after i sent #2. I thought i may have confused them trying to explain Lease purchase over email.

I want to try replace #2 email with a direct call to them. anyways i feel better talking to them. i just need to work out how to make my presentation concise and straight to the point.

You can try that Daniel. However, from experience I share that you will probably spend HOURSSSSS talking to people who aren't fully motivated---they are only wishful thinkers.

I have always been one to test the limits and find out for myself if what the pros say is true. It has proven 99% of the time to be so. But I did feel good having seen it for myself . . . it actually caused me to trust the "expert" I'd chosen a lot more. It's pretty hard to get better than the l/o expert here----no, really. :wub: I mean . . . . realllly. This isn't flattery---I've checked.

Please let us know what the results are of you clinical studies. Please stay here and be one of my newbie partners in the race to success B)

Daniel, the only difference between nervousness and enthusiasm is confidence. I can assure you that you will say the wrong thing and blow a call or two along the way. We all do. But it's that hands-on learning experience that takes you from being book smart to being street smart. So start talking to homeowners and then come back here and tell us how poorly you did. We'll all share a laugh at your expense. ;)