The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Chad533

Out Of Area Leads

Just trying to get a feel from people that do this. How do you go about convincing a seller to work with you if you are out of the area. It is hard enough to cinvince them if you are in the same area!! I have found a FSBO who is way out of my area, but highly motivated, so I do want to follow up with it. How would I have the seller sign the contracts without me there? By email or fax?

The harder part would be how would you market the property if you are no where near the property. My only ideas is to give a chunk of the money to a real estate agent. They would act like a buyer broker in a way. That should make them happy since they are sure to get paid for their time and effort.

I have also thought about the usual listing it on the area craigslist, backpage and FSBO sites.

Then, if everything went well, how would I close since I would not be there?

Any other ideas, tips or comments?

Hey Chad,

I am mostly marketing to OOA props. So I am feeling my way through. I can't even give you a report as to how it's working cuz I'm mid-stream. I'm finding an agent to put up some signs. And have NO idea about the closing :blink:

The "getting" the deals doesn't seem to be a challenge though. I tell them this is what my company does across the country. I say it like it's no big deal and it's successful every day. Attitude is everything. B)

They can't see me having to do deeep breathing so that I can relieve the "omg what if I can't sell this thing" attacks. They don't know that I am not sleeping much at all becuz I am thinking about how I'm gonna get'er done. :o

Sheesh. And the funny thing??? I look forward to this every day. I would like to get paid soon tho :P

There are some here, including the mighty MC, that do OOA deals. There is some good stuff here in the forum archives too.

Keep us informed about your journey Chad. When one wins----we all win ;)

Chad, if you take a few minutes to do some searching here, you'll find that out of area deals have been discussed previously and you'll find some helpful info in those threads.

That said, a few things come to mind. . .if you have to "convince" a homeowner to do business with you, then you're speaking with someone who isn't motivated nearly enough for you to work with. Answering some questions is fine, but if you get to the point where you hammering someone over the head for 20 minutes on the phone trying to convince them you're OK, you're wasting your time.

Generally, when doing out of area deals, you will need to cooperation of the homeowner, and you need to trust your gut about their honesty and trustworthiness. You can do the online marketing, but can they assist with any local stuff? Showings? Etc.

If you can, deal direct with the homeowner and keep Agents out of the picture. Too many cooks. . .