The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MikeT/NC

Post Cards

What is the best way of transferring the addresses on the MLS to a post card? Do you type out each address, copy and paste to Microsoft word then print it on the card? Print to labels some how? Do you guys have any short cuts?

Seems like someone would have all the addresses on an Excel spread sheet and I could just print them off onto labels. I'll have to do some more research on this one.

I type each name and address (mailing and property) into a spreadsheet. That allows me to mail merge them into Word, either on a mailing lable or directly to the postcard.

Lynn (FL)

I had my Marketing Manager pull the addresses off an MLS list. Then I had him scrub all those addresses against the public record to find the owner's actual mailing address. I hate this kind of work, but my brother (MM) is a little more techie, a little more tactical, so this kind of work was easy for him and worth the promised rewards.

it always surprises me what kind of information you can find about someone down in States

Here in the worst-country-in-the-world Canada, if you find out someone's phone number they will freak: "OMG STALKER HOW DID YOU GET THAT!! I'M CALLING POLICE"

everything is censored here.

Dan, I never had anyone (not even the agents) freak when I mailed listed homes. But you're right, finding info about owners in Canada is a nightmare :P

I had a VA overseas copy and paste the addresses off the MLS into an excel spreadsheet. Then I look up the homeowner's name which I paste into the spreadsheet. Use word to do a mail merge and print the labels.

On most MLS systems you can export data directly from there. More than likely it will be a text file that can be imported to an excel spread sheet. I have not found one that would import directly of the tax address. Because some of these are absentee owners.