The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DanielSun

QTL - Quick Turn Lease

So I was browsing some REI lease/option forums in the states,and a couple investors mentioned that they were doing a lot of QTL deals.

I thought to myself, "hmmm, QTL, that's something I never heard of, I wonder what that is!" (The investors were not nice enough to explain to me what it was, so I had to google it)

And here is basically how it play out, I want to share with everyone and get some opinion of how you think of this system:

1. Contact FRBO, or landlords.

2. Get an "Option to lease" paper signed, negotiate 1st month rent as pay for finding them a tenant

3. Put out some ad to get some cheap Realtors who work in the rental business, negotiate a 25% to 50% pay to them

4. Pass on the leads to the realtors and do this on a mass level, flip 3 or more to them per month

There are some details involved but that's the frame of it, the idea is that you can do this very quickly with very little work. Personally I think this makes us a lot more like realtors.

Sounds like a lot of work for a little pay. Plus, I'm thinking that number 3 is a red flag for the local real estate commission to take a hard look at what you're doing. Who needs that?