The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ellis

Just saying Hi

Don't waste your time contacting other investors who are trying to sell a property. They'll do their own thing and don't need you or I to help them. Focus on mom and pop, the folks who sell maybe three houses in their lifetime and now need a helping hand. Those are the homeowners you want to target.

Your right. I didnt know they were investors until they responded back. There are not many investors here and only one doing L/O but he only does it on low end housing. They all use CL. I have been reading this forum and I like the idea of Direct mail and door hangars so I might try that

I am still targeting those but there are not a lot of people posting those online from the area. The houses for sale seem to be by investors and everything for rent is apartments..I am not worried though. I am just going to shift to direct mail and door hangers. I have an agent friend that has agreed to send me expred listings

Does anyone here hand write there letters?

so the realtor emailed me expired listings and there were

32 houses from Oct-Dec. I was expecting more but i guess this area is smaller than i thought. I think everyone is going through a Realtor here. I might try MLS next after i finish with the expired.

32 isn't a great sample, but it's a start. Don't overlook mailings to actively listed properties, either. If the house isn't selling, the homeowner always blames the Agent. Hit them at the right time with your ideas and you just may find yourself talking with a motivated homeowner.

Do sites like owners.com block messages? I went to website and found houses for the area, I clicked on the e-mail seller button and asked if there were interested in L/O. I did this for like 20 houses but no one has responses back. I dont think they are getting through...

Do sites like owners.com block messages?

Yes, they've been known to do that if they suspect you are spamming their clients. If they see a steady stream of emails coming from the same email or IP address, that probably alerts their system. Or, if a homeowner or two reported you, then they'll block you, as well.

I've been blocked on at least 2 major FSBO websites, with 4 or 5 different emails.

On forsalebyowner.com I've been blocked. But I used their online live chat and explained that I was looking for a home to a lease to own. After telling them this the sent the emails through. I was told that sending more than 4 emails per day from 1 email address would cause their filter to kick in.

well I got my first call today. i wasnt around so they left a voicemail. I hope this goes well. Also i had a guy email me and he basically said that he would only consider L/O if he didnt have to handle repairs. i think he may be up to it. ill keep you posted

Man this sucks. I have had about 10 sellers respond back from my email campaign and they all said no. No wants to do a deal here. I am running out of ideas here..

10 of how many? The fact that they are replying, even if it is in the negative, tells me you're generating some interest. It may not be enough today, but time is a motivator, ellis. These are the same folks who will contact you a few months down the road and ask if you're still interested in their property.

No one wants to do a deal? Hardly. More like no one you've contacted wants to do a deal. Keep marketing aggressively. If need be, expand your area.

Well I emailed about 50 ( thats all I could find online for the area). Some just said they would sell it themselves. Others said they were not interested in L/Os. Some requested more info and when I sent it, they either stop responding back or say no.

I also had a few who asked for my website for more info...since I dont have one that killed the deal right there