The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ellis

Just saying Hi

50 is a small sample to be drawing any firm conclusions. As I wrote above, expand into other areas if your immediate area isn't providing enough leads. Look into other marketing, as well, as your budget and time allow.

Ellis, I feel your pain bro. If this business is anything it's a numbers and persistence game. A few weeks back I sent out a thousand cards. I got about 40 calls back. Out of the 40 calls I got no deals. Cost me over $700 bucks to. But not all was lost. I did learn a few things. I'm positive there was a deal somewhere within those 40 calls but I didn't have the know how to ferret it out. People call, your mind goes blank, your tongue gets thick, your palms sweat and you screw it up. One thing it taught me was that if you're only going to do CAs then that right there will cut down on the potential deals.I'm still aiming mostly for CAs because I pretty much understand them but I'm also working with a mentor who can help me put together other types of deals if a lead just isn't a CA. Most of the time for him a CA is a last resort. He always tries to do a sub2 or some sort of owner financing then reverts back to a SLO or CA if he has to. I will say this though, unless you are going to work with a mentor I would definitely only concentrate on one strategy. Ellis, here's a little quote that I keep in my wallet and take it out and read it when I get frustrated.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge.

• Like 2

Thanks Mike. I am glad I read your post. To be honest I was serously considering giving up on L/O options and real estate all together. I had a guy that was interested but kept asking me about my company website ( dont have one) and other deals that I have done ( havent done any). I kinda got scared and basically gave up...I figured everyone would ask those kinda questions. I even called my realtor friend\fellow inestor and told him I was going to quit.

I have just come to realize that I have not put in as much effort as I could so I think I am goign to keep going!