The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Learning and Burning

Seller accusing me of wrongdoings

You got to laugh your ass off. My lawyer did.

I emailed the daughter and son in law yesterday morning. Explaining there is confusion and have been advised by legal to make contact and clear it up.

Emailed me back telling me nice try. That i was crooked and i need to get a different lawyer. We would meet in court.....

So i called them after that email, and explained again there is confusion and lets clear it up. He told me i was hired as a property manager and had no right to take monies or sell the lots at all, let alone sell them seperatlly. I asked them to look at contract and tell me where it says im a property manager? We did some back and forth all the while keeping my cool. And he hangs up on me. Now im frustrated and call into attorney. she will call me back. Then i start to write daughter and son inlaw a your full of $^%! email and now the gloves are off.. Before i could finish the email, they call me back. Aha. And proceed to tell me Old lady wants me to stay property manager if i wanted to. Of course i made it clear AGAIN i am not a property manager and iv never said i was. I told them from day one i am NOT a landlord and dont want to be one. And that i CAN do what im doing without there permission. So, as of yesterday at about 11;00 this drama has been squashed and i am now back in charge..... All by a calm head. having my ducks/contracts and facts in order. (M.C's contracts and all you naked people knowledge thank you) It was handled like big people and resolved. For the moment. So i will let the sleeping dog rest now. Or is there anything i should do to C.Y.O.A?

Then, lawyer calls me in eve. I tell her the events from the morning and she full blown LOL's. A true laugh out loud. And tells me good job. that people are CRAZY...

Now, on to the next one.. I love this stuff..... Go Figure....

And so as our world turns, these are the days of our lives...

Sounds as if the soap opera is coming to a happy ending. Not surprised. I'm guessing the genius son-in-law finally took a look at the agreement that was in place and had an "oh-oh" moment.

Glad to read that it turned out for the better. Keep your eye on things, and stay in control as best you can. Don't let the inmates run the asylum.