The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Hart

Marketing for sellers

I'm wanting to take action on the path to my first lease purchase deal (by 3-31-13). I know I need to generate leads. I have a full time job and a marketing budget of about $100-200 per month. I don't want to be paralyzed by analysis. That's why I'm writing this post to get some input.

Please look at the following list of possibilities and give input as to what might be the best use of my time and/or money.

1. I could hand write my own yellow letters to listed homes in my area and in my price range.

2. I could send post cards to listed homes in my area.

3. I could go to list source and get a list that is specific to absentee owners, narrowing it down further to target owners who likely have little equity. I could mail post cards to that list.

Any thoughts on what to do or what to avoid?

Thanks.

Hart

I've had flyers hand delivered and placed rolled up under the door handle, weatherstripping, or doormat.

I don't assume that the seller lives there, because it may be a rental.

One side has seller and asks if they are interested in selling their house, or do they have another property such as a rental that they are interested in selling?

The other side is addressed to buyers. So I try to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

As far as the out of town owners and buying those from the websites that sell lists, I don't do that. Our courthouse database can be searched for out of town owners & you can send postcards with that info.

Hart, mailing lists can be expensive. I don't recommend you pursue that approach until your budget and your phone skills justify doing so.

Hand writing yellow letters is cost effective, but not very time efficient.

Mailing post cards and/or brochures will generate interest, but again, that approach may not be budget friendly for you at this time as you get started.

I've always said that the new investor has to avoid going broke before getting going. In other words, one shouldn't blow their budget on a fancy new office and equipment if they haven't done a deal yet. Kind of like putting the cart before the horse. Likewise, dropping $1,500 or $2K on a mailing campaign is foolhardy if that is the new investor's total budget and they aren't skilled enough yet to close any leads that come in.

Market on the cheap for now. If you blow a lead it won't hurt as much if that lead came from a free email you sent to some FSBO. Get good, then get big.