The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
HFP

CA's and Realtors

As I'm searching Craigslist, I'm seeing many postings by realtors and was wondering what their role would be if I'm trying to put together a CA? Where would they make their fee from?

I haven't contacted any yet because I'm not sure how they would fit into the picture.

Thanks for your input!

For the most part, working with an Agent is an exercise in futility. They want their commission, of course, but when doing a CA there isn't one, except possibly down the road if and when the option is exercised. There have been exceptions over the years, but for the most part the bulk of your deals, (and dollars), will be dealing direct with FSBOs and FRBOs.

If a property is listed but the homeowner wants to do business with me, I tell the owner to speak with his Realtor and find out what they can work out among themselves. Perhaps he can terminate his listing; maybe he can work out a commission based on the property being sold at some time in the future. But that's between owner and agent. As long as the homeowner wants my help, I'll do the deal.