The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Kirc

Government support for lease-option programs

When I first learned of lease options I remember reading that even US government programs used or provided financing for them. Now I'm try to google this to find the details, but am coming up short. Anyone know what programs are out there that either use lease options or support/subsidize them?

Section-8 used to tout they could, but it was a joke that they counldn't even explain. I remember the Obama adim. trying to get feed back with ideas on a program to solve the foresclsoure mess with investors and L/Os where mentioned. Nothing that I know of came from it. Thank goodness.

I recall hearing some background buzz about this a few years back. I figured it would be another government boondoggle and would fall by the wayside after some taxpayer dollars were flushed. Haven't heard anything about it since and I couldn't find any useful info online.