The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Kirc

Speeding up the paperwork & signatures via electronic signing

As someone who's looking to make offers over the phone I'm taking a hard look at docusign.com to email my documents and have them signed electronically. echosign.com is another popular alternative.

The good side is it avoids messy faxing back and forth; the downside is it requires basic computer literacy which may be unworkable with a segment of the population. For anyone who's used these services, have you even encountered a buyer or seller who couldn't or didn't want to use them?

Some older folks may not be up to speed with this stuff, in which case you can fax or even overnight the docs so as to stay in their comfort zone. If you're getting the deal, the extra step and few more dollars is worth it.

I would appreciate reading more about your strategy of making offers via telephone.

I haven't done it yet so this is just theory, but I plan to make the offer over the phone subject to inspection, and then get out of the deal if the inspector or tenant/buyer disapproves of the property condition

I haven't done it yet so this is just theory, but I plan to make the offer over the phone subject to inspection, and then get out of the deal if the inspector or tenant/buyer disapproves of the property condition

Kirc, this is what I have been doing and teaching for years. . .well, almost. I make offers on properties before ever going to see them, but do so via a written offer, usually an email. No need for me to look at a pretty kitchen if the homeowner isn't agreeable to the concept of a lease purchase and the numbers I can offer. Saves time and aggravation.

• Like 1