The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
sarge006

Lease Purchase Consulting

While my first Pure Option on a fire-damaged duplex is still in the works---I have another opportunity to do a CONSULT on a lease purchase. My question is what 2 forms do I use. I know about the " Consulting agreement"--but which Option To Purchase Agreement do I use and what Residential Lease Agreement do I use?? Any other pointers would be very helpful. Thanks Guys!!

How much are you charging the seller as a Consultant?

Lynn (FL)

Wow! A Lynn (FL) sighting! Good to see you around again, Lynn.

While my first Pure Option on a fire-damaged duplex is still in the works---I have another opportunity to do a CONSULT on a lease purchase. My question is what 2 forms do I use. I know about the " Consulting agreement"--but which Option To Purchase Agreement do I use and what Residential Lease Agreement do I use?? Any other pointers would be very helpful. Thanks Guys!!

Sarge, if you're doing a consultation, the forms you provide the homeowner depend upon the type of deal they are doing. (They can also opt to use their own paperwork if they prefer). But assuming they are doing a traditional Rent To Own, they would use the Residential Lease Agreement, (not the CA Residential Lease Agreement), and the Option to Purchase Agreement.

Some other questions---- Should consulting fee be a cashiers check or just a regular check? Do I leave Documents w/him to take to his Lawyer? Is his payment to me prior to our initial meeting?

Some other questions---- Should consulting fee be a cashiers check or just a regular check? Do I leave Documents w/him to take to his Lawyer? Is his payment to me prior to our initial meeting?

You are always paid in advance when doing a consultation, so a personal check would be fine. If the check is rubber, your consulting stops before it gets started. Ultimately, though, you decide how you want to be paid and let it be known in advance.

If he wants to have his attorney look over the paperwork, no problem. After he pays you, they are part of what you are providing.