The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Learning and Burning

seller questioning my l/o contract

I got this seller that has rentals and has inquired about working with me. She's on the road and so been emailing back and forth. She asked to see a copy of my contract. Hesitated but I sent her a copy. She now asked me who drew up this contract? Me or a lawyer? What do I tell her? Not sure. How to answer this?

Hmmmmmm..........

Answer truthfully: an attorney who is also a real estate investor. In the future, don't be sharing your agreements! Particularly with an investor such as this woman. They always "want to take a look". More often than not that's code for "let me see your agreements so I can cut you out of the deal". Hope I'm wrong with this one.

Normally I don't share my contracts. This one IV been corresponding with for some time and I guess became comfortable with. As she kept giving me more info on her situation. So yes I took a gamble. Figured she was legit. Thanks for the answer and well see how she acts now.

Thanks again..... lesson learned

I agree, that sometimes rules need to be broken. This sounds like one of those times. Based on what you wrote I probably would have made the same call. That said, be sure to follow up and see if this leads to anything.

I sent her the answer to her questions. Still waiting on her response.

And so i sent out another for a lease with option to purchase this one filled out per our terms for her signature. She has responded with she see's no clause in the agreement for her to cancell. So again my answer would be why would you want to cancell? What is the response to this one. I looked over the agreement again and i dont see a clause for her to cancell.. Is this the case?

Trying to make lemonade......

There isn't any clause for her to cancel. If she's already looking for a way out, how serious and motivated is she? Is the property listed with an Agent? Has the right to cancel been brought up previously? I'll add a cancellation clause for the homeowner if it makes them happy, but it comes with a cancellation fee of some amount. Your time and effort aren't worthless.