The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Kirc

Can I tell a seller I'm representing a tenant?

If I have a tenant/buyer lined up and the seller keeps asking about him, can I tell the seller that I'll be representing him, or is that "agency"?

You need to be licensed Kirc to represent others. You represent yourself and your interest in the deal. If this is a CA why not tell the seller about the tenant/buyer? If it's a SLO, it is my company's policy not to give out personal information without the person's (tenant/buyer's) written consent.

After the house is under contract there is no problem; it's just when I make the initial contact the homeowner seemed to want the buyer's details. I wasn't at the point where I could safely give them so I told them I'd be representing them until we had an agreement in place and the terms worked out.

Well, when I initially contact a seller and I let them know I have a list of tenant/buyers waiting for a house like theirs to come available, at times the seller may ask details about who I have. I let them know that the tenant/buyer(s) will need to see the house first, and if they like it, apply for this specific deal. Then I will have more details about them and if they would be a good fit.

If you are NOT a licensed real estate broker, I would never represent a tenant/buyer or say I represent a tenant/buyer!

• Like 1