The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ctrmrz31

Being CHEAP is getting me CHEAP results!

I have been going about this venture of mine with a cheap man's way of thinking and so far, all I am getting is a cheap man's wages. I decided I better make what few dollars I have go as far as it will go because I would hate for the silence to discourage me. I have my flyers, my cards are on the way, I am coming up with something good for the local paper, I am have some friends who work at a radio station, so I will look into a good rate on some air time, and as soon as my cards come in I will pass them out to all the sales people I know offering them $500.00 for each lead that develops into a deal.

Maybe this will get me some promising leads. So far all I have gotten is conversation, but I am ready for action!!!

Cruz or Brandon

Boys, this is the point where I see so many newbies fall by the wayside. One month or so into a relatively mild marketing effort, they begin to fret about the lack of deals and income. "This stuff doesn't work", I'll hear. Discouragement, doubts, and despair pay a visit.

Well, I'm here to tell you that this stuff does work. Not only can I tell you that, so can any number of others on this board, at your local REIG, and throughout your very own community.

If your first month of marketing hasn't produced the results you were hoping for, you have three choices. You can quit; you can continue doing the same thing you have been doing and probably expect similar results; or you can work harder, market more aggressively, and employ additional marketing techniques to those you have already attempted. You have a decision to make and, as always, the choice is yours. The only difference I have ever noticed between those who succeed in this business and those who don't is effort.

This is not only for Cruz and Brandon, but for all of us who experience doubts and discouragement along the way.

Hey Michael!

I don't plan on giving up just yet, I am just getting started, but i had to mention the fact that marketing is the difference maker and that takes a lot of effort and some cash. I have little cash, but I do have lots of effort and I wont give in until I exhaust every avenue that I have available to myself. Also, I am in the process of refining my spill when i talk to a homeowner for the first time, it's quite ruff right now and I noticed if I don't get ahead of the count right away, it goes down hill fast.

Anyways, I will continue chipping away and I am sure something good awaits me in near future.

Cruz or Brandon

I don't plan on giving up just yet
I don't want you to give up at all!
I am just getting started...
We all are at one time.
...but i had to mention the fact that marketing is the difference maker and that takes a lot of effort and some cash.
Agreed. Marketing is the difference maker and, yes, it does take a lot of effort to be successful.
Also, I am in the process of refining my spill when i talk to a homeowner for the first time, it's quite ruff right now and I noticed if I don't get ahead of the count right away, it goes down hill fast.
Understood. This means you're running about normal. We all get better as we gain experience. But to gain that experience you're going to take some lumps along the way.
Anyways, I will continue chipping away and I am sure something good awaits me in near future.
Don't chip away. Swing away! Go for the fences! I'm sure much good awaits you in the near future, too. Keep your eye on the prize, my friend, keep your eye on the prize :) !

Guest Guest

Do something that makes you look different then the rest. Use a name on your marketing material. If you use bandit signs, try to get them personalized. There are so many of those "I buy" or "We buy" houses signs. Do something different. Maybe have the signs shaped like a house, just something to set your self apart from the rest.

Don't give up even when your down in the count, just keep at it. If you can't afford the ad in the paper, then do more flyers. Put them up everywhere you go. Leave your business cards all over as well.

I am doing the flyer thing right now and this cost me absolutely nothing because I found that the bank building I work in is a prime place to get access to printers and all the people like me there. In most cases they even provide the the paper as well, but even when they don't it's still a good deal.

I also started passing out my flyers to everybody in the building and all the service people that come up there to do their thing.I am also offering fees for any leads that produce a deal. I am offering $250.00 right now, but I also mention that the fee could be as much as $500.00 if the deal allows it.I still plan on placing the ad in our local thrifty nickel. It doesn't cost as much as I thought it did. Now our local paper is a lot more expensive, but the thrifty nickel will do for now.

I will definately try something more creative when I finally do get my bandit signs up.

Well, thanks guys for the encouragement, I will keep keeping on!!!

Cruz or Brandon