The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
bvarbel

Automated Craigslist Searches and Emails

This seems to require a Microsoft Windows machine to work. Is there anything like this that either works on a Mac or is a hosted web app?

Randian, I think you're correct about Cubix only working with Windows. I'm surprised. Have you contacted their support desk to see if anything is in the works for Macs?

Randian, I think you're correct about Cubix only working with Windows. I'm surprised. Have you contacted their support desk to see if anything is in the works for Macs?

Not yet. I'll ask but I'm not optimistic. I'm also wondering what this software does for throttling emails. As I'm sure everybody knows, if an email account sends email "too often" to any Craigslist anonymized address those emails will be discarded and that email address blacklisted for a period of time. I've seen other, far more expensive, solutions say they only send one email every 5 minutes, for example.

I'm looking for an automated solution like this because I've realized 99% of all the FSBO listings on Craigslist are spam, primarily hidden realtor listings. Sifting through hundreds of listings manually to find one potential lead takes huge amounts of time, and there are hundreds of new listings every day, many from software autobots copying old listings to the top again because, again, there's so much crap you can't stay on the first couple of pages more than a day if that.

I neither know nor understand the technology behind the app. But I do know that programs like Cubix Solutions are needed. As you said, so many of the listings are Realtors, spammers, repeat listings, etc., that going through them manually is time consuming and discouraging, to say the least. A program like this, or a crafty virtual assistant with the know how to get around Craig's List filters, is almost a necessity.

After being released for only a little over 24 hours, my novel has already outsold and had more pages read than my novella did in an entire month. Is that good or bad?