The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Propertymagnets

Credibility with T/B when I have none with L/O Strategy

Greetings MC,

I have a potential seller who is asking about the process of selling his home on a L/O. The property is in southern california, 3/3, 1,357 sq.ft. townhouse,asking

$375,000.

We have been exchanging emails and here is the chronology of his questions over the past 4 days:

1. If you want to buy the house, why do you want to lease it?

2. Thank you for your response. If after one year, the tenant does not want to pursue buying the house, is the buyer back to square one or will you be buying the house?

3. What if the tenant wants to back out and doesn't want to buy?

4. Where are you located? Can you provide me a list of our current rental properties?

5. Can you give me a small list of prior homes that you have closed using the tenant-buyer program?

I have not closed on any homes, so I am looking to "borrow benefits" from you. What this means is asking you to speak, via email, to this homeowner about YOUR succes with T/B's and that I am using your course material, which has an astonishing track record. I would also appreciate this potential client knowing that I am being coached by you.

Thanks Michael

Charles, your best bet is to 'fess up to this homeowner if you still think you want to pursue this deal. Tell him you're relatively new at this. He's got nothing to lose. There's no payment upfront required. Be honest, impress him with your ideas about how this will help him with his house.

That said, most everytime a homeowner peppers me with questions, spews skepticism and is reluctant to do business, the end result has been we don't do business. They're not motivated and I'm not interested. I suspect this guy falls into that category.

You'll get it. He probably picked up on your sense of having not done a deal. It's tricky, and you gotta fib a little in the beginning. I did. Once you get your first few notches, the entire way you talk to people changes. It sounds like he's qualifying you.

NEXT!!!!!