The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
T-Man

Advertising L/P properties in the newspaper

I am ready to advertise my first L/P deal. Since it will be a L/P with 45% rent credits, should I advertise it under "For Lease" or "For Sale" sections of the classifieds?

Thanks!

Or how about BOTH, you may even want to consider For Sale.

Best wishes.

Mike

:ph34r:

Greetings, T-Man. First, congratulations! I was not aware you had locked up your first deal. Care to share the details? I'm curious.......how did you arrive at a 45% rent credit? That's a unique number.

I usually advertise under both FSBO and FRBO sections. I figure that gives me maximum exposure and hits both markets.

Hi, Michael

This house belongs to a friend of mine in our office. He is building another new home, and has not been able to lease this property. It is a beautiful home that was built in 1997. His new home will be finished in about 5 weeks. He is getting nervous about being stuck with 2 mortgage payments, so we came up with a deal to do a lease purchase on a price of about $216,000, $1595 per month rent, 45% rent credits for one year, and and option fee of about $6,000, of which I will split with him.

Ah, got it. It's a Cooperative Assignment. Good for you! Get to work marketing it, T-Man, and reap the rewards of being such a smart dude :) !

Keep us posted, please.

Michael,

I assume that there will be future deals exactly such as this one where I will not need to split the option fee. This person is a very good friend of mine, so I offered.

I will keep you posted

T-man,

Good luck on your first deal, I look foward to reading your success story :)

Guest Rat_Race_Hater(ImAnEagle)

Hi,

found the deal at work? Why not advertise it there too using flyers? Maybe someone where you guys work would be willing to read a flyer on a message board that says HEY buy this home...come to my desk to cover the details :D . Then you can REALLY get paid what your worth for employment,hehe (remember I hate the rat race and J.O.B.s) Its always easy and fun to sell to coworkers and there always seems to be a bit more trust then usual...simply because HEY, you work in the same building! HEY!!!! HOPE THAT HELPS,lol.