The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

I get all the winners!

My state has the online court records. My assistant took the preliminary worksheet from the T/B over the phone. They said they had a foreclosure & sure enough the court records showed that.

The court records also showed a case against the wife with a guilty plea for Fraudulent use of a debit card (Criminal Felony Proceedings) 02/01/2013 :P

Amount owed $1530 & change.

Well what do you all think? Next!? I haven't met with them yet & haven't been in contact with them myself.

What do you say to them, or do you even call them back?

My assistant tells them that if I think by checking our their preliminary information I can work with them, then I will contact them back within 2 business days. She tells the T/B's if they don't hear back that means I can't work with them.

Is this usually what you all do to avoid wasting time telling somebody why you can't work with them?

If they paid an application fee, then I'd notify them that they do not qualify. Otherwise, I probably would just wait until they call me.

Lynn (FL)

If they paid an application fee, then I'd notify them that they do not qualify. Otherwise, I probably would just wait until they call me.

Lynn (FL)

This was just a preliminary worksheet on the t/b's by phone. They were just calling in response to one of my signs.

I haven't met with them and I don't charge an application fee; I only charge for credit report when they submit an application.

I've seen a few people on the forum mentioning an application fee. I have never charged one. Is this something a lot of you on the forum are doing? How much are you charging?

I get an application fee to help weed out the tire-kickers from the serious tenants. Usually, it's just enough to pay for the credit report ($30-35). Not like I'm making anything from applications fees.

Lynn (FL)

But if she goes to jail, where's she gonna keep all the stuff she bought with $1530 from someone else's debit card? That's where the house comes in :closedeyes:

But if she goes to jail, where's she gonna keep all the stuff she bought with $1530 from someone else's debit card? That's where the house comes in :closedeyes:

:lol: